manikandan06

Dear Dhingra,
HR people told that you are being terminated,but we dont want to ruin your life ,so we will make arrangement for you to apply for resignation,so that you will get experience certificate.To get experience certificate they applied for resignation.My friend is having the mail thread of HR communication to the Payroll team in which there is a screen shot stating "the reason for termination is misconduct and they should not be considered for rehirirng".

From India, Madras
rdsaptha
Hi
The punishment given is against the human law. The HR needs to give a clear cut explanation as to why they terminated the boy and the girl. They cannot act on 3rd Party's complaint.
My suggestion is that both the boy and girl need to approach the higher-up's in the organization and give a brief about the case
Saptha

From India, Bangalore
manikandan06

Hi Freinds,
I need a suggestion from you all,They have got their relieving letter last month,now only we came to know that apart from manager and HR we can contact the Chief Compliance Officer to discuss questions or concerns about these Standards.
is it a good idea to communicate him stating what has happened?he his residing in USA. We got this details from a document which holds the code of ethis of our company.
your suggestions are welcomed.

From India, Madras
amohandasblr
Nice thread...thanks CiteHR.
My views are here...

Two associates find their co-associates doing something 'unsocial" in a cafeteria. They promptly associate with the HR to disassociate them from the company, and they succeed! Fine, such people are abound, no surprise.

But, what is surprising is the HR. The moment they receive the complaint, they "set up a stage" and force the boy and girl to submit an apology. The hapless youth fall on this trap and soon find themselves out of the door. Wah!

Does not the HR, the so called guardian of discipline, miss something? There is a larger interest here, which they forgot - that they should retain the best talents so that the company continues to benefit. From the comments littered in this coloumn, it seems they are the best and their managers definitely do not want to lose them. Yet, HR disposes them.

Well, HR should never tolerate such behaviour but needs to punish the offender, no doubt in that. But there are so many ways to discipline this juvenile exuberance. Not termination.

And for what, "pinching"? Come on, women pinching men is a common thing (and men won't return the pinch with a slap, he returns it differently!). Dear Mr./Ms HR, you should have asked the girl to write something else, may be "I throw plate on him or poured hot soup on him, so he slapped". Not pinching, your case is weak here.

Anyway, the boy and girl should feel happy to come out of this company. It does not seem to be a better place to work for. I mean “bad associates” everywhere!
Hope they get a good job sooner and in a good company. God bless them.

Regards,
Mohandas

From India, Hyderabad
psdhingra

Dear Mani,

My apprehension about the HR people of the company seems to be correct and I am of the firm conviction that the HR people played a dirty trick to get their resignation letters on the pretence of not spoiling their career and to give them the experience certificate so that they may not get challenged in th court of law for their wrong and unethical action.

Now even if the affected employees try to challenge the decision in the court of law the management has learly got an upper hand and court can well be convinced that even though they were due to be terminated on account of their misconduct, yet the management had taken a lenient view and got their resignation accepted instead of terminating them.

The employees should have taken the advice from some learned persons well before submitting their resignation. But the game is now over.

IT IS A CLEAR FRAUD ON THE POOR EMPLOYEES BUT TO THEIR BAD LUCK CANNOT BE PROVED ON PAPER OR IN A COURT OF LAW AS ALL THE EVIDENCE ON RECORDS ARE CLEARLY IN THE FAVOR OF MANAGEMENT.

PS Dhingra

From India, Delhi
psdhingra

NO USE. ALL EFFORTS WILL BE IN VAIN. THE GAME IS ALREADY OVER. THE HR PEOPLE HAVE MADE ALL THE WRITTEN RECORDS IN THEIR OWN FAVOR. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF THEIR ACTION ON ANY VERBAL COMMUNICATION. THAT WON'T HELP.
Moreover, even if the employees some how or the other get reinstated by their hard labor and pursuit against the wishes of the deceitful HR people, they would clearly get their interests harmed in the company and even would get their future spoiled.

From India, Delhi
rajasekar73217
Dear Viraj
Its ok, I was also harsh with you, Sorry for the same.
Actually I was criticizing HR by giving negative comments(why to tell truth to HR), because what they have done is not bearable to us and they are playing with two lives.
Regards
Rajasekar. N

From India, Coimbatore
brindhakavi0606
Dear Mr.Rajasekar, Kindly consider about ur opinion on HR’s bcus all the human being are not same. Regards, Brinda
From India, Madras
manikandan06

Dear Psdhingra,
Fortunetly my friend is having the mail thread in which they stated like below,
"Dear Hr name comes here,
This is with respect to the misbehavior of our associates at the (office location) facility.
Associates (Boy's name comes here) was found physically assaulting (Slapping) (girl's name comes here) at the Cafeteria Block 1st Floor late afternoon on Thursday (September 2, 2010).
He was brought to us by two associates from the TAG Team who had witnessed this. On enquiry he admitted of having a quarrel with her and since the argument heated up, slapped her. Both associates have given a written admission for the incident."

based on the above mail HR started their discussion arrived at termination

he is also having the screen shot of the clearence form in which they stated as"terminated due to misconduct".

will these things be treated as useful evidence?

From India, Madras
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear manikandan

With reference to your latest post; part of which I quote below :
"Associates (Boy's name comes here) was found physically assaulting (Slapping) (girl's name comes here) at the Cafeteria Block 1st Floor late afternoon on Thursday (September 2, 2010).

He was brought to us by two associates from the TAG Team who had witnessed this. On enquiry he admitted of having a quarrel with her and since the argument heated up, slapped her.
"
Can you explain what is TAG ?? Is it the name of the security company ??

Also, "physically assulting (Slapping)" implies repeated slaps; and not just one slap; else it could have been termed "slapped her" rather than being described as "assaulting(slapping)".

Moreover, can you enlighten us on "Who" sent the mail and to "Whom" ??

Irrespective of what one may think; since it is clear from the boy's admission of "having a quarrel with her and since the argument heated up, slapped her."; it is obvious that the matterwas not something official, but rather personal.

I personally do not favour slapping a female in public, especially in office, whatever may be the provocation.

I have seen even worst of husbands, who when there is a quarrel with their wife in parties or social occassions, tell "Ghar Chalo, batata hun." (Come home and I will tell you).

It is good to know that you are such a gentle, tolerant person !!

My sympathies are only with the girl, who seems to be a "victim", albeit a willing/reluctant victim (as she risked her job, trying to save the boy).

Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.