No Tags Found!

Delhi - HR
Hi Priyanka, That is wht exactly I meant to say. Well yes as you said we just can wait for that day whn everything would be fair and justified for all. Thanks priya.
From India, Delhi
Priyanka Arya
Hi Priya...

I am happy that our thoughts match.. well, the names are similar so this was obvious.

Thought to share this with you all, you know the first time I faced my appraisal, it was like my boss had called me in his cabin and only he and I was there, as it required to be confidential.

He appreciated my efforts and my work and said you have performed outstanding and much above my expectations and have performed best in the dept....and informed me about my increment and asked me if it is fine. At that point of time I was on cloud nine thinking wow! he said all these good words for me and that increment meant so much because of those appreciating words.

Next day, I got to know that two colleagues of mine who were working at the same position and joined 4 months after me, have been given almost same increment.And then I assumed that the words of appraisal which my boss said last day was all meaningless.This is what I assumed because I did not had the complete picture of what he said to others.

What I exactly mean is that even today I am assuming that he did not do justice to me, just because the things were not transparent and did not looked justified. :(

For any employee, satisfaction is important and he can be only satisfied if he is correctly motivated and recognized for their efforts in right manner.

What do u say???

If being in HR this can demotivate me then what about employees and how to deal with this motivation?

Regards,

Priyanka.

From India, Delhi
manishawasthi1984

hii freinds ... i just feel like sharing my view on the whole topic ...but being a bit rude and harsh to everyone.. I’m free to do that Manish
From India, Pune
Delhi - HR
Hi Priyanka,
I think ur Manager wants to keep motivate his team by his wordings. But yes I agree with you that there must be some kind of way to appreciate someone who really deserves good thn others.
As per my knowledge & experience you focus only on one thing : DEDICATION, HARD WORK AND HONESTY towards your job. If you are doing well thn nobody dares to say or do anything against you. Try to keep your boss Happy by your efforts.
Am I right??
Regards,
Priya.

From India, Delhi
Priyanka Arya
Hi Again,
Priya- U R Right!
Mine was just an example... I just wanted to communicate that if the appraisal become transparent and justified then things would get much simpler and easy to understand for every employee.
Either he will get to know that he need to perform much better to reach the level where his other colleagues are or he will feel motivated as his boss would appreciate him openly and will motivate him to perform the same always...
Manish - I think you are also right when u say that " WE HAVE TO FOLLOW MANUAL"...If at our respective levels we dont have the power to amend the manual/policies, if given opportunity we can atleast suggest, as we should not leave hope to make things better for our employees- as this is also one of our job resposibities- "Employee Welfare".
What do u say!
Cheers :)

From India, Delhi
Delhi - HR
Ys Priyanka I agree with ur points. I would also like to thank tht person who had sent appraisal format to all of us. Its really good & usefull for us. Regards priya.
From India, Delhi
murty.hr
Thank you Priya,
In one angle your decision is correct but the employee feel that " I have no freedom to share my feeelings with others(Means collegues and friends)"
One ore thing priya,as per the human tendancy, People feel happly only when his increment known by others.(i.e monitary terms make him satisfy his general needs but recognisation from his collegues and friends increase the Prestige in the office,
We have to balance the same thing,that is our job,
Thanks & Regards,
Murty.
93921 58797.

From India, Mumbai
U.K.Singh

The appraisals are kept confidential everywhere. But salary is not kept confidential every where. In Govt. sectors, semi Govt. sectors salary are not conidential. In private sectors where there is a package deal they may keep the packages offered to different employee as confidential. But in Govt. sector where basic pay,increment rate, scale is defined it not atall secret
From India, Calcutta
hima25
Dear Priya,
Let me take different view, I feel appraisals shouldn't be kept secret.
In our Organisation, we have two appraisals done at sep and march.
We never maintain any secrecy in the appraisals. Indeed we encourage the employee to speak and discuss about the appraisal.
We see this exercise as employee development and necessary changes for the better work of employee and the organization.
The employee has the every right to understand, discuss his appraisal. Of course though Increment is based on appraisal, we don't see appraisal only from increment point of view.
Coming to the salary issue, its not wise to think that people will not share if asked to keep confidential. They are bound to compare however to try not to do so. So its better not to ask them to keep confidential and can left to their own discretion.
However HR should not divulge any details of employees without their consent.
Regards,
Hima Bindu

From India, Mumbai
marul
Dear All,
Normally we are all using the appraisal system is for increment of the employee. We forgot one thing. In HR being, we are the responsible for all activity of an employee. We are the masters to them. So we want to treat the appraisal system as a tool for identification. Then only we can make them on the right way. So please don't treat the appraisal system is the only reflector of the employee. It is one of a system to read the identification of an employee. If we feel an employee is bad, we can meet them face to face and develop them on the right way. Here no any hide and seek. We can say directly about his/her performance. It may be a chance to change them.
“THE GREATEST SECRET OF SUCCESS IS: THERE’S NO SECRET”
M. ARUL

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.