No Tags Found!

28Ankur
I worked for TCS 1.5 yrs. Then started my entrepreneurial journey. I went absconding from the company since I had money (60k) either to invest in my business or pay them as i was under bond of 2 years. Things didnot work out well and I am looking for exp certi from the company. My HR said pay 60k and get your exp certi with absconding status. Whats right legally?
From India, Sonipat
vanichennu@gmail.com

Hello Ankur,
You did a mistake by absconding from the job without informing them. You would have informed them about your decision to leave and could have paid the notice period buyout amount. Even if you get the experience certificate with the absconding status it won't help you for your future career. I would request the seniors to clarify me about the same.

From India, Secunderabad
rananeer

Agree with Vani. The experience letter is been issued only when the notice period recovery is paid off. In the absence of same, the experience letter will not be issued. Also if u join some other company and background verification goes to this employer, then the response might not be positive and this will impact your future career progression.
From United States, Denver
tajsateesh

Hello 28Ankur,
Vani is right.
But frankly, you can take solace in the fact that you aren't alone in such a situation. Many do the same mistake--MAINLY thru OVER-CONFIDENCE & a I AM ALWAYS RIGHT attitude. I know this hurts--but that's the fact. There's a Saying in The Bible: As you sow, so you reap.
And pl note that 'Legally', TCS is right to take the stand they took. In fact, be happy that they didn't file any absconding case against you--they would have been within their rights even if they did.

Now coming to the issue @ hand, I can see you have 2 options [pl note that I am NOT going into the feasibility issues here at all]:
1] Continue with you entrepreneurial journey--if not in the area you started with, maybe something else. But, just remember that 'there's nothing called free lunch in life'. One needs to work like hell when he/she is on his/her own--much more than while in a job.
2] Restart your career ALL OVER AGAIN, forgetting you worked with TCS. You may need to explain the gap between your degree passing & the present as being on your own. Even though one would call this 'bluffing/lying', I guess you leave yourself any other choice. Maybe there's truth in what someone said: A lie needs an accomplice, a truth none.

And I also suggest that you learn the lesson from your mistakes--you committed TWO mistakes, NOT JUST ONE by leaving TCS the way you did [focus being on 'the way' & NOT on 'leaving'].

All the Best.

Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
28Ankur
Thanks Vani, Rananeer and Tajsateesh. I appreciate you writing and helping me with my query.
I admit that I made a mistake, however it was an honest mistake as I really wanted to start my enterprise asap and waiting for the the agreement period would have delayed the proceedings by 6 months.
Anyways, I cant undo the past. Now since my venture has failed and I want to go for MBA first as I have realized that I need to learn management before I again go and start something.
So would that be a good idea to go with an absconding letter for the personal interview and highlighting my entrepreneurial nature and try to convince the panel that what I attempted than was in high spirits to pursue my dreams/passion.

From India, Sonipat
tajsateesh

Hello 28Ankur,

There's nothing ABSOLUTELY wrong in wishing to start an enterprise.

But what & where you went/did wrong is the way you left TCS--which I already mentioned in the earlier posting. Maybe waiting for another 6 months WOULD HAVE BEEN MUCH BETTER--LOOKING IN HINDSIGHT? Unfortunately, we humans don;t have that capability--of looking into the future. But the minimum one can do is to 'ADHERE TO THE RULES OF THE GAME'--which usually always would turnout for one's benefit than disadvantage in the long-run.

There's another aspect of your thinking process that you MAY need to correct--your 'view' that it was 'an honest mistake'. Most likely, more than your eagerness to start-off early, it was your LACK OF CONCERN for the organizational rules & interests that drove you towards that decision. If you really had the interests of TCS in mind ALONGWITH your interests, you would have informed them of your decision OR delayed the process by 6 months. Just give it a thought from this perspective.

Your plan to go for a MBA is definitely quite good & practical too. But I am not so sure what you would be achieving by using the Absconding Letter. I suggest you discuss the requirements of an admission into MBA with those who know better reg that aspect--maybe the exp letter MAY NOT be needed at all. So why create a situation when you can avoid it altogether?

All the Best.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
28Ankur
Hi Tajsateesh,
Thanks again!
I think you are correct in saying that i had lack of concern for the organizational rules :( I repent my decision.
Well, in an MBA one needs to show what all work experience he has. Since TCS is a big name to get associate with, I would like to mention that I worked there. So want to know what would be the impression of my decision on the interview panel
Request others also to pool in their thoughts :)
Regards,
Ankur

From India, Sonipat
tajsateesh

Hello 28Ankur,
No doubt, TCS is a big name to get associated with or to use for one's advancement in career.
But I am not so sure in your case, since any Letter from TCS to you will also mention the Absconding aspect. What if it mars your chances for admission into MBA in a good college? You wouldn't be able to correct the situation then--it would be too late & the damage [to your admission efforts] done by then.
Why not show your exp as an entrepreneur & tell them that you realized that an MBA would be better to take this effort further to success? Many MBA colleges accept that logic & reason.
Looking @ this issue from another angle, it's ONLY in small companies that one gets to learn much more than in a larger company--where your role & responsibilities are limited to one or two areas.
Like I mentioned earlier, suggest discuss this aspect with others too--what would be beneficial & what's not w.r.t. the admissions.
All the Best.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
vg_hr
hi madam ,i have completed mba in correspondence ,now i'm searching for a job in hr field ,if u dont mind , if u have any sample resumes send me plz ,my mail id is [IMG]https://www.citehr.com/emage.php?text=5047504c41515233615f6353364061432b4 9512e4b45[/IMG].
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.