Anonymous
Hi Everyone,I am working as Sr. HR Executive in a manufacturing company, and in the same company my fiancee is working but in different department. He has some salary issues and he put a mail to me (to HR) to increase in his salary.Here all the decisions about salary increase is taken by our MD and i am feeling hesitation to talk with my MD about my finance's salary issue.
Please suggest how should i manage this situation.

From India, Gurdaspur
lavika yadav

Hi,
Just be professional.Dont hesitate.Treat him as employee only and follow the same procedure as you would follow in case of another employee.
Your management might be aware of your relationship and they believe that you are professionals..So Keep calm,take a deep breathe.Forget for some time
that he is fiance,In office you are colleagues only.
I hope you will understand.Its not a big issue.I am also working with my husband in the same company and successfully tackled such situations and grivances issues.

From India, Mohali
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Nisha,

Love has complicated this matter little bit.

You are Sr HR Executive and your fiancé is working in the same company but in different department. If he had some salary issues then how come he did not discuss this with you before sending a mail? Secondly, mails of this kind need to be routed through the HOD. What are the remarks of the HOD on his application?

I recommend you talking to your fiancé. Tell him that if you involve at this stage, staffs in general and MD in particular could perceive that you are pitching for his salary increase. Mere having honest intentions is not sufficient but then taking care of others perceptions is also important. Therefore, let him route the application though HOD. Let HOD discuss the matter directly with MD. Let the matter come to you after the decision of MD.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
saininisha800@gmail.com
Dear Sir, Thanks for your valuable inputs but there is only me who is taking care all over HR in my company and i am also assisting MD. So no one is involved in this issue.
From India, Gurdaspur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.