ajeetvarma50

Hi Satyasikha,
If an employee extends her leave granted to her as maternity leave upto the specified eligible period, the leave she is extending will be granted to her if she has other leave in credit such as earned leave, sick leave as the case may be. In the absence of leave in credit, her extended period of leave would be treated as Extra Ordinary Leave in which she would not be eligible for salary for the period she remains on leave.

From India, Mumbai
Heena_Bhola

Respected Seniors, I have bit confusion in amount of maternity leave.Is it gross salary of 84 days or basic? Your prompt reply will be appreciated. Thanks & regards,
From India, Ambala
Shameem Akthar
Satya, If the Maternity leave extended beyond permissble period considered 'loss of pay' as per practice. However, treating as paid leave is - discretion of the company Shameem
From India, Madras
trueskill
Hi All Employee can extend her maternity leave beyond 12 weeks, but she will not be paid....
From India, Bangalore
pramodthakar

Thanks for sharing views and valuable discussions.

I would like to get clarified following points :

1. Whether there is any Salary ceiling for entitlement like ESIC. EPF, Gratuity, Bonus ?

2. If Female covered under ESI act, whether it is mandatory to pay 84 days salary by employer ?

3. If ESI act applicable to establishment, but female not following under Act since her salary exceeds limit prescribed

under ESI act, in this case whether she is entitle for such benefit from Employer ?

4. Whether Maternity benefit calculation should be on only Basic+DA ? or including allowances whatever

she earn regularly. for example : HRA, CONVEYANCE, BUSINESS PROMOTION ALL; LTA. FOOD ALL; EDUCATION, Washing

ALL. ETC.

Certain allowances are related to Actual Presence, work & / or performance like conveyance, Business Promotion,

Food, washing LTA. Hence this query.

5. When 12 weeks benefit is due to female ? Monthly, One time before or after 84 days ?

6. Can female apply for leave very early than the 6weeks before expected delivery ? Whether employer can reject

leave for such period ? If no then In that case what would be the method of payment or applicability of the act ?

7. It is happening frequently that Female takes leave / absents as mentioned in point no.3, and after taking benefit, they

did not join again. Whether there is any solution ?

Participation and discussions on these points are well come.

Regards

Pramod Thakar Pune

From India, Pune
hopegovind

Yes,

ESIC, upto gross salary 1500

EPF, mandatory to cover employee drawing basic + DA upto 6500

Gratuity: Everybody needs to cover, amximum payable amount 10 Lakhs

Bonus: Yes upto basic salary 6500

2. No, if already covered under ESIC then not mandatory to pay

3. Yes, the employer has to pay leave with pay for her maternity leave

4. No, the calculation should be on her full regular wages. You may not require to pay the allowances depend on her presence if her appointment letter says so

5. 6 weeks before of her delivery of the child and 6 weeks after delivery. It cannot be clubbed

6. It is not mandatory for employer to entertain the leave for more than 6 weeks but as a good gesture, if her health conditions demand so, it should be given. The leave more than the 6 weeks period can be a leave without pay but for 6 weeks you have to pay

7. There is no solution other than counselling or termination after counselling and due warning but when she is taking maternity benefit (When she is in maternity leave) you cannot terminate her

From India, Mumbai
satkom1960@gmail.com
I have not withdrawn my pf. The account was closed since 2001. How can I withdraw the same now.
Please guide me as to the procedure. Will I get interest for all this years on the existing amount which is with the PF authorities. Now I am based in Hyderabad, The PF contribution was done in
Tamil Nadu.
Thanks,
Satyanarayan

From India, Hyderabad
trurecruit

Satyanarayan,
I don't know what your query has to do with maternity leave?!
But the answer to your question, as I read it:
1. Yes you can withdraw your PF even now.
2. You have to have a savings account in a nationalised bank. Fill up your withdrawl form and have it signed by the owner or authorised signatory of your erstwhile company and deposit it in the EPF office where the deposits have been made. You will get the amount after 2-6 months.
3. Remember that from this year you do not get interest on the deposited amount if no deposit has been made in the account for the last three years.
Good luck.
Colonel Gahlot

From India, Delhi
Zenara_HRD

Hi Pramod,
1. Salary Ceiling limit for ESIC is Gross Salary=>15000, for EPF the new entrants those who crosses 6500 basic are not required to jonin the EPF. Except these rest of all other employees are required to pay contribution.
For Gratuity employee who crosses 5yrs of service with the organization.
Formula is 15/16*Last drawn basic*No. of yrs of Service
For Bonus the eligiblity criteria is any company which completes 5yrs, the sixth yr all the employees are eligible at the rate of Min 8.33% -20%of the basic.
2. It manadatory that female employee those are covered under ESIC will get paid for 84days but here employer need not to pay. ESIC will there Salary based upon gross salary calculations with excluding holidays & weekly off's.
Regards,
Vinay Kumar.

From India, Hyderabad
Kavya G

Hi, can anybody suggest me which mail i have to send to staff for republic day wishes? Waiting for early reply....
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.