divyaiyer
Dear All,
I am working as an HR in a Software company.
One my employee had sent a resignation even without coming to the office through the mail addressing to his reporting manager and Cc ing to me.
I kindly request any one of you to assist me on the same so as to enable me to proceed with the further proceedings.
Regards,
Divya

From India, Bangalore
Bharghavi.D

Dear Divya,
First wait for his/her reporting head to acknowledge the mail and inform you to proceed. The resignation should first be accepted by his/her head before the procedure starts. So, please wait and follow up with his/her head and have a discussion of what should be done.
Meanwhile, Update yourself with the employee's past records and dues to be collected from the employee if any.
Regards,
Bharghavi

From India, Bangalore
saswatabanerjee

What assistance are you looking for ? If you do not clearly state what you need or what help you want, members will never t able to respond.
From India, Mumbai
nvraovskp

Dear Friend
Every employee has a right to quit the job at his / her discretion at any time on getting better offer elsewhere or any other reason. So sending the resignation through an e-mail is not a wrong now a days. Only you have to see whether such employee has followed the rules of company or not? If management or his HOD wants to retain the services of employee who sent the resignation through mail, they may contact you or instruct you to take necessary further action within short time. or else you can remind and request the HOD of resigned employee about the resignation and take appropriate further action as per the terms of appointment order of employee / company rules as the case may be
Regards

From India, Hyderabad
dikshit.tgs

Hi Divya,
As Bhargavi Iyer rightly said, wait for the line manager to add his/her inputs on the resignation.
Further, it is understood that the employee is not turning up to office and hence, you may want to talk to him regarding his attendance. Merely sending out a resignation letter is never a process of leaving/quitting an org. The resignation is supposed to be accepted, then he is supposed to hand over his current responsibilities to the reliever. After serving the notice period, then the employee becomes an ex, which means he has completed his tenure with the org.
So, in this case, you may want to talk to the employee about the process and request him to abide by it and then you may also want to talk to him about his absence post his resignation.
I hope, this clarifies. Seniors are free to suggest any corrections.....

From India, Hyderabad
tajsateesh

Hello Divya,
First check with the Reporting Manager on WHY this employee preferred to send the resignation letter DURING ABSENCE from work. COULD this be the result of any awkward situations between both of them? OR was this a one-off situation of JUST this employee?
While for any Reporting Manager, this may be just about normal, as HR, you need to focus on the LONG-TERM aspects of such situations. WHAT IF this becomes a precedence?
Also, put timelines for the Manager's response to the issue. But as HR, it's YOUR job to communicate with the employee in such matters.
And when you respond to the resignation, do it thru mail too & then follow-up with a call. And cover the various aspects of the Notice period, etc that every employee needs to adhere to. And insist that there needs to be a meeting ASAP to decide the next step--like Diskhit suggested/mentioned.
All the Best.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.