No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: Should we retain such employees?
Yes 105 37.50%
No 178 63.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

ashfaquetech

Yes I do agree with Mr. Kumar . Whenever any issue comes related with the employees that should be discussed as a part of the Human Resource .But giving more focus to personal relationship / affairs / marriage / illicit relationship may lead to different way. So we should also discuss the other issues equally.
Regards,
Ashfaque

From India, Gurgaon
nsBhanuprakasha
Your the wright person solve this problem, because you only know the Both mentality. Regards, N.S. Bhanuprakasha
From India, Gurgaon
Ashapurna

Dear Bhavani,
I strongly believe u should not retain such employees.May be it is not good for the company in the short run,but in the long run it will be beneficial.Otherwise ur office become an extramarital activity center in the name of personal life and how long u transfer people if the numbers increases. On the whole it is India not US,where anybody can do anything on the name of freedom & issues of personal life.
regards
Asha

From India, Brahmapur
srinivasrao
Hi There,
I have read the replies of others, i believe if both of them are good in their job, they should be given one chance and should tell them wt. ever relation they have it should be out of office not inside the office. And also depends on Company policy too.Speak to them and make the pt. clear.
Regards,
Y S Rao.

From India, Davangere
Uday Kodati

Hi Bhavani,
My sincere advice would be to terminate these employees and let them know what kind of treatment will be given if any individual forgets their mere responsibility of being faithful to their behalf. More over if they are more involved in their extra marital affairs What is the guarantee that they are going to give their best of services to an organisation in future. Please do not hesitate in punishing them. Now, every employee will never indulge in such kind of activity.

From India, Srikakulam
Vijay Pandey

just get the hero out of your office ASAP. Fire him.....
His behaviour of not able to manage his relationship with his wife and then asking for a transfer clearly demonstrates that he is a person with low maturity and highly non-conforming to social norms. This tenedency may lead to trouble for the company as well unless your company is in some kind of business where these shrwed people are needed.
I have encountered two of such employee in my client organizations (during my consultancy practice)....Good and mature people are not as rare commodity as we think.
Vijay

From India, Hyderabad
abhi16march

@@when enquired we came to know that they are having an extramarital affair.

if they are hving extra martial affair it is their personal life no HR no anyonecan interfere in ths matter but ya u shuld give a very strict warning to gents emps tht it shuld not be hpnd in office in future wat their wife did.

& if hapnd the agains terminate the gents empssssss it will be final solution.as my many frnds n seniors suggest finally they shuld be terminated due to ths it is not the solution as Mr.Kumar was told they are very sincere n hardworker so it is not necessary tht due to their relationship work ll be hapmpering it is the humanbeing anyone can affect ths nd after a survey we found there are 60 % extramartial affairs with the coleagues..i dont thnk due to ths companies work will be hampr .

@@days rest of our collegues started gossiping & discussing on their relationship & some one took the extreme step of informing our Hero's wife.

gossiping and discussion it is the human nature u cant stop them but u must to find out the gossoper n give a strict warning to them in the front of Management Commitie.

and drop a mail to all members tht nobody can discuss their personnal issues in office timings if found management can take an action against them including termination.

thanks
abhishek

From India, Pune
niharikajoshibhatt
Well, ask him to give reason for seeking transfer to mumbai.
And because its illegal to have relationship with any other woman when you are married..so any illegal activity must not be tolerated or encouraged in office and that too when it has become public. You could tranfer him to mumbai..if he gets a written 'no-objection-certificate' from his wife and that too if the transfer is desirable by the company.

From India, Delhi
seshu_
The way you put the question in the poll can be changed a bit. Obviously because they are hardworking, it makes sense to retain them.
The question could have been should your company take a step to provide counselling to them or should your company not interfere in this regard.

From India, Hyderabad
smitaa.balaji.msys
Hi Bhavani,
This is a matter of serious concern. As we see many similar types of replies are coming forward, therefore explaining the need of having a policy to deal with such type of situations. This is a delcate problem which needs to be dealt with carefully.
If we see the sequesce of events, the lady having affair did not come to the office for 2/3 days following the incidence. Followed by this all the employees started gossiping about them. It is a criminal waste of work time as well as it disturbs the office environment. At the same time it even creates a culture turbulence, and if such things are encouraged or ignored (as ignoring the problem is not going to solve the issue), it wil lead to serious change in office environment and culture. In such instances, we need to have a company policy which restricts such type of behavior in the office. In current situation a strict warning should be issued to the members involved. Hence the question of transfer does not arise.
Secondly, Kumaracme I do understand and agree with you the CiteHR should not become juicy gossip centre. But there are certain exceptions and above mentioned problem is one of them. Being HR, we should always be aware about the problems arising where human factors are to be considered.
Smitaa
quote=kumaracme;466333]
Dear All
Greetings.
Recently any messages having queries on personal relationship / affairs / marriage / illicit relationship gets more replies and posted on the top ten of the forum. In a day you can find two to three posts gets top ten slot by the members of our HR Community. This requires a serious introspection, are we going to use this forum as a HR awareness / discussion / knowledge forum or to use it as a pulp fiction. Members can share their views to take this message further.
With best regards
D.Kumar
HR Manager
Chennai
[/quote]

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.