No Tags Found!

lionel4444

Hi Riya,
I would duplicate the reply given by member 'joy4all'.
I found the reply quite appropriate and encouraging.
Additionally, try befriending a colleague who is positive in your organisation.
Until and Unleess your getting a clear evidence that your immediate boss wants you to quit, my request would be to HANG ON and fight it out.
You might realise that you had a misconception about the entire situation.
You have a nice day....!
Regards - Lionel

From India, Mumbai
nikhilramdahat

Its happens with everyone in every organization / institute. Even if you change your job its not sure you may not landup in the same situtation. Worstly it affecting you only and your personal life.

These are my personal suggestions to handle the situation :

1. Firstly, take nothing personally. Its only a job. Try to modify your behavioural aspects - the way you react to things related to your job. (Develop Moti Chamdi or become Chikna Ghada). Beware - never talk your weak points and or things in office that affects you mentally. It may further land you in trouble. It may be used as a weapon or press point against you.

2. Try to develop relations at personal level with the few colleagues close to you boss or even with boss. Do nothing wrong, but keep tab on their works and schedule. More importantly their priorities.

3. Do try to get information on treatment other employees received at office before you joined. Try to get information on office politics whos who, who likes what, dislikes what, who close to top managment etc. so that you know what to talk and not talk in front of particular persons.

4. Do keep yourself infromed about the happenings in offices - like upcoming events / projects / management priorities and try to streamline your work accordingly.

5. Never Complain - Just leave if you want to. Complaint of your boss or colleagues is not going to improve your situation in the office. At worst someone may take it personally and make the situation even bad.

Here are few things to try:

1. When you get work assure your boss that if will finish it on priority, but also go to him 2/3 times to resolve problems with the work given (even if you don't need help). Ego of boss is satisifed by this process. More importantly when you submit the work on completion, there are less chances to find mistakes.

2. Know, the weakness and strength of your team mates. Involve atleat 1/2 colleagues in your work and apprise the boss about the help you have taken from them. So that if there are any faults with the work - you are not the only one to get firing.

3. Do sometimes go to your boss (not frequently) and ask if some help is needed in the work they are doing. This is in addition to the work they have given you. It only increases their dependence on you.. moreover you learn what bosses do.

There are more thing to learn, understand and practice.........

Just take these few step hope this will help you

From India, Dehra Dun
SomGollakota

With all due respect Lionel4444...

Firstly, discussing troubles with a manager or management with a colleague is considered unprofessional in many circles and work environments. This is true regardless of how positive the colleague is. Depending on how the conversation goes and how close the colleague and your manager are, it could amount to bad-mouthing your manager. This would produce, if anything, negative results. On the other hand, discussing with someone outside the organization and is in a mentor state is quite healthy - asking "Here is my situation. How do you think I should approach this, or what you suggest I should do in this situation?" is a healthy way to go.

Secondly, if a boss is making your life miserable (if you are feeling harassed by your boss), waiting around until you are absolutely sure that (s)he wants to fire you is not a very smart thing to do. The reason being, such a confirmation may come in the form a pink slip.

It is a very delicate situation, Riya. Talk it out with your well wishers and mentors outside the organization. Find some innovative, but discreet ways to figure out what is actually going on. Further, it would be a good idea to have a candid conversation (not rude/tough etc, candid but very polite and very respectful conversation) with your boss to understand how you can meet his/her expectations. You can frame such a discussion something similar to the following.
"Boss. I have been noticing that you are not too happy with my performance (tread very carefully while framing this sentence though. If not done properly, this could backfire). I want to make sure that I consistently meet your expectations. I would like to know and learn what I could do differently so that I am meeting your expectations".

Based on how such a conversation goes, you will get a fairly decent view into your boss's mind and if (s)he really wants to get rid of you.

All the best,
-SG

From United States, Woodinville
monicabhatia6
Dear Riya,

Apart from the suggestions given by other members you can also try the following:

Whenever a task is assigned to you speak to the person who is giving you the task or to the person to whom you have to handover the completed work...clarify from that person what exactly are they wanting out of you - the output required in other words. Once u understand what they are saying..repeat it by paraphrasing ..use statements like "so I understand that you would like me to do....", or "on this assignment i will do....". This will help you in these ways:

1. there will be less chances of seniors trying to find out faults since you will start the work only after understanding their requirements.

2. It will send out a positive signal which says that you are trying to eliminate chances of error & improving ur mistakes.

3. You are not going to leave room for error so if they are actually trying to harness you they will have to think of new ways...

4. Finally it gives you a chance of saying..I have done this job only after speaking with you.

I hope this helps..hang in there!

From India, Chennai
goanboy25
hi Riya, dont upset by thinking of a situation again & again just think that it is a situation kept infront of you to solve it and for which they r paying you
From India, Mumbai
smoronikatripathy

Hi Riya,

Good Afternoon.

Hope you are doing great.

I have seen all the above comments but i would like to add something for you is:

See problems comes and goes in any job, that to you are a HR so you must be knowing that the best solution for all problem is keep quite and doing the best job. And if someone is trying to find bugs or any thing than don't feel that it is wrong that they are finding bugs but try to see where you are missing and what is lacking in you (try to improve yourself). See comments are for improvements so it depends upon you that, how you are accepting. If you will accept it in a positive mood than you are in a great situation that at least someone is looking at your work and updating you regularly with feedback.

Why i said all these things to you becoz i am working in a small software company and this is common for HR's. So HR has to be creative and positive.

So don't worry there is nothing related to recession.

Hope my suggestion will help you.

Regards:)

Smoronika

From India, Vijayawada
vincentnp
Each one of us working in organisations needs to set the right expectations for ourselves and before our reporting staff. It will be good for you to self evaluate the added value that you are bringing to the function and thereby to the organisation. Can you write down the value additions of each day???? if you can, you can never be mocked

morenr
Hi Riya,
Well this is a challenge which you have to over come I am sharing My experience when I started my professional carrier. I am totally blind working in oil firm. initially persons had lot of preconcieved notions about my capabilities. However I converted all problems in to chanllenges. I also honoured by the Indian government of out standing contributions in my organisations For further conversation you may contact me on
Regards,
nagraj

srimanbharatiyudu
Dear Riya
I agree with Ms.Asha Mathew's View. Lets find out the person allotting the work to you. Is there more than one HOD using your office time? Then please ask gently to give a reasonable target period with full guidance and support.
Regards
Sriman Bharatiyudu

From India, Hyderabad
rahul.gupta86

Hi Riya, Take/ask for some extra time to do assignment, take senior’s help also. "karat karat abhayas, jadimat hote sujan" "keep Trying untill get success" regards
From Singapore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.