No Tags Found!

sumikoul

I simply agree with Asha. In this situation u should hgo directly to ur boss & discuss with him that inspite of having daily deadlines u should have monthly/ weekly tasks to perform. This would help you & management analyze the work you do on a daily basis & they will realize ur worth in the organization.
I would also suggest you to engage urself in other HR related activities rather sitting idle in times when you have no work. Try to initiate new activities & programmes in or organization to engage urself & thus let them also realize what u do.....Regarding their way of behaving with you, you should handle it with absolute care. try to be patient & calm, be subtle & effective in ur tasks performed. Check & recheck ur work done so as to avoid mistakes....
This will help you get over ur problem.
Regards
Sumiksha Koul

hrvandana
Dear Rita,
Even I hv joined a small org and i m the only HR , my case is some wht similar to you, there is nothing much to do; but i m trying to be cool and give my best......stay positive and there is always an option to find a better job.....but dnt make hasty decisions....be calm and composed....
Take care,
Vandana

From India, Mumbai
shibshankars
Hi Riya,
Its time to pull up your socks and give back to the management but with conviction. I think so you are facing few of this problems:
-Know the most powerful person of the organization and try to win his/her heart.
-Maintain good professional relation with the key decision makers of the org.
-try to win the hearts of line managers
-Some time you should use your positional power to get a grip of the situation
-At your position, you should decide what others will do, its not others will decide your work.
-Can you tell us size of your company, how many decision makers are there?
-Shib

From India, Bangalore
yandamuri
Hi Riya
I feel storngly to face and tackle this situ as HR task.
Smile back after completion of that particular task &
incase delay or unable to complete find lacuna and put
ball in their court
Definitly one day u will make string stright and win the hearts.
Every where we find these sorts of things but we learn
to conquer and deal in the worst of worst situ's
Regards
yandamuri, HR

maheshb79hr

As told already by some members, You should be specific on your reporting structure. Who is assigning the task for you?
You said that you are a Manager-Hr. Check whether they need a HR Team? How many are there in your team? Is there any senior person in your team? Who do you report to?
Don't worry...Just be specific.. Citehr has lots of HR's might be little senior than you to help you out...:)

From India, Bangalore
SomGollakota

Riya,
It's hard for anyone to go through difficult times at work. Staying positive, although easier said than done, is definitely the message in the short term. Do your job and the tasks assigned to you to the best of your abilities. Talk to your direct-line manager to understand what exactly is going on - be as deplomatic as you can while doing so. I would not lay down all my cards if I were you and just focus on the issues/concerns you are dealing with.
While you are focusing on your job and discussing with your manager etc., also start looking for another job. Once you find one, leave. Here are the reasons why I think leaving is a good option to consider.
1. Typically, employers who value their employees would like to keep them by motivating them - letting them know their value/worth (does this happen in Indian companies? Or is the culture such that "If I make you feel highly valued, you will become arrogant and demand more. So, I will try to keep you in tight leash."?)
2. If your direct-line manager is the one causing your trouble, talking to your manager's manager may not yield much results, because with what little experience I had (many years ago) with Indian senior management circles, they are very closely knitt and they stand by one another. Your problems may, at best, remain, and at worst increase.
3. If your manager is trying to find fault with everything you do, giving you impossible-to-achieve tasks (and deadlines), and documenting everything you are doing (or especially the negative aspects of your work), that tells me that (s)he is preparing grounds and documenting evediance to fire you.
4. If there is nothing you can ever do right in the view of your manager, you are in a no-win situation and it is time to move on. In the current economy (or in any economy), although moving on could be very emotional, do not make your decisions based on emotions and haste. Consider waiting and trying to work things out while keeping your options open and looking for another job. Once you find one, you have your next steps with this company outlined for you.

All the best with your situation and future.
Regards,
-Som G

From United States, Woodinville
janet120120

hi friend,
this is a difficult situation for you and i have no better suggestion for you than what is already written. it seems to me that two factor are dominate in this issue and that is patience and positive outlook.
there is a thread where you can find some great articles and ebook which help you to focus on positive aspect on this experience and enhance your positive outlook. these articles and ebooks are excellent and you can choose according to your interest. this is the only help i can provide you.
the link is here https://www.citehr.com/138888-free-m...-download.html
bye,
janet smith

From India, Madras
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Riya
I am sure you have got enough support now to trudge along your way merrily.
I too, understand your problem; and it is very common in small companies, who do not go bu the book. It is ad-hoc-ism all the way. Do your bit, try to bring in a system to this anarchy.
Browse this site, as similar problem have been posted earlier, and good suggestions given by friendly members.
By the time you are thorough with these exercises, the recessionary clouds would have waned and the "green shoots" would have taken roots; providing you with innumerable choices if you keep yourself in touch with consultants and job-sites. Remember the famous lines - "Tough times don't last; tough people do".

From India, Delhi
Sapnah
Hi Riya,
I guess you need to set your priorities right. You nees to prove that you are one who is taking a call in your area.
You can with being a little communicative. Go to the departmental heads and ask them what are the problems they with HR. then make sure you find solutions for them. IF you feel solutions are not easy as ask them for solutions. Make them a part of the process.
Prepare training plans, include the senior prople take onus of training thier subordinates in a proper plan.
Be firm but polite.

From India, New Delhi
prashant_umathe
Hi Riya
I think what u r facing is nothing new .
I seen two type of bosses ,one who is matured and intelligent ... who can guide.... never irritates subordinate.Secondly one who is opposite to this generally irritate subordinate.
I feel you should come out boldly.If he is giving deadline ........ go to boss in the morning and ask for job to be finished before you leave .Calculate time require for finishing the job keep some buffer over it and reply
I think this will definately help u
Prashant

From India, Nagpur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.