No Tags Found!

Nagajyothi
16 Nov 07
Hi Sunetra.
this jyothi. i am working as HR manager in medium organisation consisting of 60 employees. The sundays and holidays are considered as OT @1.5 of their day's salary in hrs.
thank u
jyothi

From India, Hyderabad
sunetrab10

Thanks Kumar, Indrani and Tikam for your valuable suggestions. I am completely agreeing with Indrani and Tikam. As the employees have enjoyd this benefit for the last 2 years it will be really difficult to implement a new policy regarding this and giving any one option - leave or pay. I have decided to sit in a discussion with the employees regarding the same and hope they take the change in a good spirit. But at the same time, I am worried about the same as these are the situation where the comparison comes about the employee friendly policies made by the 2 HRs.
Cheers
Sunetra :?

From India, Calcutta
venkatesh.n

dear cite members,
First of all, emps are responsible to complete assigned tasks in time if not the prime cause for deviation are emps itself. so to complete the work they need to work out of office hrs. then wat is the need of paying extra amounts.
According to our company norms we will arrange regular food facilities only.
xpress ur comments
Regards
Venkatesh.

From India, Vijayawada
nlokadia
Hi Sunetra, I tnk u have to give either one leave or encasement for extra working day, there is no need to give both for extra working day. Regards, 9deep 8)
From India, Pune
kriyaz

Hi Sunetra
Very valuable suggestions given by members. I think you would have made up your mind by now.
I want to give two more inputs which you need to think about :
1. Since your people are used to getting the double benefit in the past, how are you going to convince them to cut down the same now suddenly. Please manage that part smoothly.
2. If you are going to give only one type of benefit i.e Pay / Leave, just think before you decide on which one
- Like, is your company cash rich or manpower rich. Which is more beneficial to you as a company
- Which is more beneficial to the employees : day off or pay
So think on these aspects before you take a decision
All the best
Riyaz

From India, Delhi
gcgore
Either one day Salary ( if calculeted as Overtime allowance =Basic X 2)or compentory off.
If acual Convence or lunch allowance is paid on the attendance same may added.)
Legal or not legel is not a issue be practical if you need to extract etra work with same man power that too is not always seems as per your query.

From India, Pune
MIR DOST ALI KHAN
Wat all I can suggest is, you people have to give a day basic and compensate for the conveyance and no need for giving an extra day leave, there is no such rule that every software company has to work only for 5 days. So just please go ahead with ur policies.
Regards.
ALi khan

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.