No Tags Found!

vinodvijapur

Hi all,

Hope this convey's every thing...

Once PVNR (PV Narasimha Rao), L.K.Advani and Laloo

Prasad Yadav were travelling in an autorickshaw. They met with an

accident and all three of them died.

Yama Raja was waiting for this moment at the doorstep of death. He asks

PVNR and Advani to go to HEAVEN. But, for Laloo, Yama had already decided that he should be sent to HELL.

Laloo is not at all happy with this decision. He asks Yama as to why this

discrimination is being made. All the three of them had served the public.

Similarly, all took bribes, all misused public positions, etc. Then why the

differential treatment? He felt that there should be a formal test or an

objective evaluation before a decision is made; and should not be just ased on opinion or pre conceived notions.

Yama agrees to this and asks all the three of them to appear for an English test.

PVNR is asked to spell " INDIA " and he does it correctly.

Advani is asked to spell " ENGLAND " and he too passes. It is Laloo's turn and he is asked to spell " CZECHOSLOVAKIA ".

Laloo protests that he doesn't know English. He says this is not fair and

that he was given a tough question and thus forced to fail with false

intent.

Yama then agrees to conduct a written test in Hindi (to give another chance assuming that Laloo should at least feel that Hindi would provide an equal platform for all three).

PVNR is asked to write "KUTTA BOLA BHOW BHOW". He writes it easily and passes. Advani is asked to write "BILLY BOLI MYAUN MYAUN". He

too passes.

Laloo is asked to write "BANDAR BOLA GURRRRRR....."Tough one. He fails

again.

Laloo is extremely unhappy. Having been a student ofhistory (which the

other two weren't), he now requested for all the 3 to be subjected to a

test in history

Yama says OK but this would be the last chance and that he would not take any more tests.

PVNR is asked: "When did India get Independence ?". He replied "1947" and passed. Advani is asked "How many people died during the independence struggle?".

He gets nervous. Yama asked him to choose from 3 options: 100,000 or

200,000 or 300,000.Advani catches it and says 200,000 and passes.

It's Laloo's turn now. Yama asks him to give the Name and Address of each of the 200,000 who died in the struggle. Laloo accepts defeat and agrees to go to HELL.

Moral of the story: IF YOUR MANAGEMENT HAS DECIDED TO SCREW YOU, THERE IS NO ESCAPE

Vinod Vijapur

From India, Mumbai
Archana Ranjith
HI Maksood,
Ask him not to lose confidence. He is a HR guy, and he ahs to be strong and fight for the injustice happened to him. What ever happened is a lesson, but it cannot change now, so lets not talk of what would have happened. Tell him to go to COO and speak to him directly. Anyhow his job is at stake, let him justify that he is right. He has done the work,so let him show COO what has he done. HR manager cant deny the documents that he ahs worked on. If he has to lose job he will any how lose it.
Ask him to start looking out parallel, but make sure he let other know that its not he who is inefficient, but the manager.
Don't let him lose without fighting.
Archana

From India, Bangalore
Supriya Desai
Dear All,
Real this case study is interesting one.

what i feel is as an HR executive he should not do donkey work as his superior told him to do. before starting he should clear his job responsibilities and he should inform his boss when he has assigned such a job(payroll) offcource in such a cases written communication plays imp roll rather than verbal. If he did in such a manner he could have prof to show that he was not well versed with that job and still they assigned that job to him.
It shows his awareness and off cource it helps management to belive on him.

No doubt he have to leave the job but in future he have to take care of that in corporate your communication must have some proof so that your superior can belive on you.

Supriya

From India, Mumbai
ajeet_sk
Dear Maksood,
It was sad to read the attitude that was taken by the top management, but also would like to mention that this HR Executive lacks proper communication skills. As like every BPO-Call Center, there is always mismanagement as the practises of HR in this industry has been badly / sadly misrepresented. At this instance there are two options either he fights it out with the management aggressively or quits from the job. According to my understanding if this HR Exec is not able to cope up with the pressure then he should not work as HR Exec because HR is always the scape goat in any organization. Also there is one important point to remember that every thing boils down to the lowest rung and if the lowest rung is weak then...........
Well it is just an advise, whether to follow or not is upto you.....
Ajeet_sk

From India, Thana
shyamali

Hello Everyone,
After having read each of your posts, I would summarize it as:-
1 You are responsible for what happens to you, the good the bad and the ugly
2 An organization is as good as its HR
3 A good leader/HR guides the organization.
4 HR has to be strong. One Cannot be an Underweight.
5 If there a two ways to do a thing then there is actually only one option - DO IT RIGHT AND DO IT SMART!
6 Life does not end with just one job.
7. Take your learning and experiences and not the pain ahead with you.
8. Quitting is an option as long as you don't make it a Habit
9. As an HR you may and can get in the bad books of the management as well as the employees, only your smarts will take you through
Regards,
Shyamali

From India, Nasik
Sherine

Hi,

I entirely agree with Shyamali and also empathise with your friend as i went through a similar situation, where in all the jobs which nobody wanted to take was dumped on the HR department including providing lunch( finding a caterer) for the employees and the explanation given was that lunch was employee welfare. It kind of got out of hand and i ended up doing nothing but being a glorified clerk. Finally after about 4.5 months I called it quits ( without a job in had )because I was sure that nothing would work there and that they wanted an HR so that they could be considered a modern age organisation and because i wanted to have my self esteem and confidence in hand.

Now I am employed with a very forward looking employee friendly MNC which lays a lot of importance on the HR department. I am glad i quit.

I would advice your friend to quit if it was taking a toll on his confidence and self esteem because the moment you lose these too you are no good. and i understand his situation because there is no point escalating the same because the MD and the chairman are father and son. But i would sincerely advise him not to make it a practise quitting when the going goes tough.

Take heart. you have just begun your career. You will have plenty of enriching experiences :lol: :lol:

Best regards,

Sherine

From India, Bangalore
kprabhakaran

HI Friends
This is happening in most of the startup companies. Best thing to do in such situation is list down the tasks that have been accomplished in those 3 months and communicating upwards. This will help him to prove his performance in the given situation and to negotiate time, infrastructure required for better performance.
Thanks and Best regards
K. Prabhakaran

From India, Madras
oruye
Hi Guys,
I have said much on the site in a while but i must say we are missing some issues here.
First, accusing a young man anxious to start work of accepting an offer without a letter is unfair. If it was that he resigned from elsewhere that argument would hold but one typically will take a verbal offer pending proper documentation.
Secondly, the company is certainly in chaos but it appears to me that they were in a hurry to hire as the predecesor was leaving suddenly.
The learning point as i see it is that when you get a new job never assume you know enough. Always seek necessary assistnce even from the security guard.
That said this matter is a lost one and as was suggested by another commentary he should try to get the best out of the exit and seek a good reference as that counts a lot in your country. In Nigeria you just take that experience out of your CV and move on.
Thanks for the opportunity.
Oris

From Nigeria,
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.