Anonymous
What is the total number of mandatory accrued leaves that an employee who has completed one year of employment is entitled to under Goa’s laws?
From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

Leaves admissible will depend mainly on the nature of industry, like manufacturing, plantations, mines, or other shops and commercial establishments. Except shops and establishments all others come under Central enactment and hence it would be common for all the states, but if the establishment is not a factory, plantation or mine, then the Goa, Daman and Diu Shops and Establishments Act, 1973, will be applicable. For an employee who has completed at least 240 days in the 12 months service should get 15 days earned leave. There are 6 days casual leave and nine days sick leaves also available to employees. For details refer the said Act.
From India, Kannur
Anonymous
Thank you Sir. Yes, I checked the act and you are completely right

I am confused with the count though. should the 6 days casual leave and 9 days sick leaves be added to 15 days to get the total or are they inclusive and part of the 15 days earned leaves?

From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

CL and SL are excluding the earned leaves of 15 days. The CL and SL are admissible even for a new employee or during his first year of joining whereas the earned leave of 15 days is available only to those who have completed 12 months' service. If the SL and CL can be availed in single days, the earned leave shall be availed three times in a period of 12 months. Whereas the CL and SL will lapse at the end of the calendar year, the EL can be carried forward and the maximum leave at any time shall be 45 days.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.