bharti16singh

HI ,
I am working in an IT firm as HR Manager. My company is just a year old in India. The problem we are facing is the consistency in the performance. Hence we have decided to review the performance on monthly basis so that we can put little pressure on employees to perform regularly.
As we are in the initial stage of growth we don't have enough skilled staff to design such system. And without any guidance and help it not possible to end up with the required process.
Please suggest me how to go about making such system . What should be the criteria for Judging the performance monthly. Can it be technical , non-technical etc
Bharti

From India, Dharamsala
shailendra_deshpande

Dear Bharati,

We faced the same problem, and what we did is, we started taking daily or weekly (in some cases) reports of their activities. These reports are directly linked with employees performance linked incentive scheme. Also we made clear about monthly KRAs' for them. The report format is given by HR dept. This helps a lot because even if a person leaves the organization, the new joinee can start with where previous one has left the job based on reports. It also analyses competency of an individual employee by superiors.

Hence if you say that it "performance review", the ultimate result is people will start expecting much in terms of promotions, praise, gifts, payments, etc. It will be difficult to keep a track of all such records by year end. In our case we did promotions and increments will be made after "performance review" by year end, but every one will get a chance to prove himself thro' base incentives.

Hope it will help. In case of queries, revert back.

Regards,

Shailendra

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.