No Tags Found!

Anonymous

As a solo HR in my company and a fresher, I was a bit confused about my work and my team head who is from another background. So I found it difficult to convince him that as an HR I also have to do somethings - like activities for employees. Also, I am seated along with other employees but I am instructed within the environment in my behavior and attitude.

How to handle this kind of situation? Should I think of changing into cabin seating to be different from others?

From India, Kochi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

You being a Fresher you are seated along with other employees and also Company should be a start up Company I think.
But though you are a Fresher being a solo HR of your Organization you are expected to maintain boundaries with your employees. There is nothing wrong in maintaining friendly, good relationship with your employees (being placed with them you cannot avoid it) but being a Representative of the Company friendly relationship with employees should not have impact on your role as HR. You should learn to maintain your professionalism and not to risk your reputation over friendship with employees. Else it would become challenging task for you to carry out your HR responsibilities in terms of ensuring discipline at office. Where ever possible you may request for a separate place at least during one to one session to maintain confidentiality and also to encourage employees to share their grievances openly without any hesitation.

Reporting to non HR background Team Head is a setback for you according to me. Only a experienced HR Leader can guide and show you the right path in your day to day work activities and you can also learn a lot.

However it would be bit tough for you to raise your concern at this juncture. I suggest you to streamline and try to develop HR practices from bottom line. Prepare a proposal what ever you are planning to implement and present it to your Management routed through your Team Head. You can utilize the services of Forum like this to get clarifications on all your HR related doubts. All the Seniors of this Forum would definitely support & guide you.

Look for positive things even in a worst situation.

Wish you all the best !

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.