No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: What course of action this chap needs to take?
Should ask for written explaination for his termination and fiht for his rights?g 162 68.35%
Forgot the incident as a pinch of salt in his carrier & serach some other job 75 31.65%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

simirali

Ravi
How u can be so rude to this guy. I think you are one more MD of some company. if any new joinee send introductory letter to their collegues let it be senior or junior whatever. I agree that he should have filtered and used his words a bit. But if its true that he got terminated due to that then its too much. Such MD s cannot take care of his company if they use such words. I know such companies during interview they promise big but after 1 week of work we get the real picture of the company. MDs are thinking they are very important in the organisation but I question whether he can manage without his office boy, receiptionist, HR etc. its a team organisation and one has to support other then only we can achieve something. every post is important in an organisation. May be the MD was not able to perform his work so he put all his frustration on that guy because of unsatisfaction.

From India, Bangalore
sonal shree

It doesn't hurt to have some variety and entertainment in midst of grave seriousness. The email was written with good intention with a view to present the writer's image as an open person...If the MD took it sooooooooo seriously then I must say people like him are the ones who make an organization very boring. It has been a case of what we can call storm in a tea cup.
From India, Mumbai
forshivani
Hi All,

I have read the mail where Cyrus explained everything and I read it twice , I do agree with him that termination on the basis of just an introductry mail was not at all fair and justified. We usually have welcome mail in the company to be sent to all by HR team to make all others aware that a new person named .....has joined and a brief description about his profile and what he likes etc. so there is nothing wrong when he has sent this mail to all but what I think may bother to some senior people in the company is the laguage he has used through out the mail , it was his firstmail to all and as an HR profesional we are expected to take care of company's culture and use of formal language in the mail we sent , I do agree that we can use informal language when its about B'day celebration or picnic but when you just joined the company and sending the very first mail then use of such word like FREAK and all is too casual .

I think the HR Head of TCL is responsible for explaning all the new recruits that what kind of a culture company follows and brief him about board of directors/seniors and the way the new recruit should communicate with them , see I am very much agree what MD has done to him was wrong but we HR professional and we are supposed to be open and alert , we should always give some time to understand what kind of company we are getting in because everthing is not right everywhere and every individual have different perception of same words.

All the best to that guy !! He will definetly find a nice job again.

Shivani

From India, New Delhi
rekhishelly

HE IS NOT AT ALL WRONG WAIT AND WATCH HE WILL HAVE LOTS TO COME TO HIS WAY IN LONG RUN>> REgards
From India, Chandigarh
bhavana.dutt
I really like his Introduction mail... that was full of fun and newness.. the stupid MD must be out of his mind.. That guy is just trying to get friendly with everyone. I hope he gets a good n suitable job.. ALL THE BEST....
From India, Hyderabad
Neta_02
The foundation of courage is solid, the rock that doesn’t roll. Courage is the freedom of our mind, body, and soul! God has a better plan for your life. God Bless. Neta
From India, Madras
doctor57
Hi,
This particular incident clearly points out the mental make up and thinking of MD.He seems to be close minded. The gentileman in question would definitely get job as he is qualified. The sad part is that he may not remain same in his enthusiam because of this incident
It also shows the weak kneed approach of HR Head /VP of Tata coffee. I feel they were scared of losing their job in case they persisted
Daleep (doctor57)

From India, Delhi
mintss

Dear Friend,

Excellent mail to introduce yourself, but a fool person can,t understand the flavor of a coffee, i think he is in a age of 55 (Retirement frustration age)
And after all it’s a part of a HR job "so keep it up" God give you another gud opp.

Rgds,
Ashish

From India, Bombay
Arooj Javaid

I think MD was right, reason being the organization norms of professionalism, the first impression, and he did not want employees to start such type of fun mails...so firstly one has to see whether the welcome mail is soo informal or formal then reply accordingly...the same happend to one of my colleague he mailed to all heads (look below) and our MD phoned to his boss and asked what type of person he has in department...and this should not happen in future and beleive me that guy stoped mailing like it. I think it is a learning for all of us and it will help us a lot in making HR true professionalism if we apply this.
Imagine you are HR Director...what would be your response? be realistic.
(Colleague Mail)
Hi,

FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO DEDICATE MY RESPECTFUL THOUGHTS FOR MY VERY RESPECTED SENIORS AND A FRESH HANDSOME BOKAY OF FLOWERS.

Respect for ourselves guides our morals; respect for others guides our manners.

<image no longer exists>

OHHHHHHH TOO MUCH THANKS FOR RECEIVING MY FLOWERS WITH SO MANY SMILESSSSS.

I AM V THANKFUL TO MANAGEMENT WHO HIRE ME AS JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT AND GIVE ME A OPPORTUNITY TO INHANCE MY PROFESSIONAL ABILITIES.AND I SURE THAT ALL MY SENIORS IN ALL DEPATMENTS WIIL GUIDE ME PROFESSIONALY AND FRIENDLY ENVIORNMENT FROM EVERY ASPECT OF A FROFESSIONAL LIFE, AND GIVE ME A FROFESSIONAL TRICKS FOR MY FUTURE SUCCESSFIUL CAREER……………..……….A BUNDLE OF THANKS.

From Pakistan, Lahore
PVQ

Power is an tool often mishandled. I am sorry that you have had such an awful experience with TATA. It is a reptable company and should have professional management.
I wish you luck in your future and hope that you will remember how not to treat people when you are in a position of power.
Good Luck & God bless
PVQ

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.