rajanna v n
Dear Sir,
My colleague was drawning a salary of Rs 9500.00 till Oct'2007. He and the management were contributing to ESI, His salary has been raised to 11000. Does he need to pay the contributions or not from November'2007 onwards?
Regards,
Rajanna V N

From India, Bangalore
htdesai

Hi,
ESIC is contributed as per the contribution period i.e April to September and Oct to Mar. Since your friend was paid salary in Oct as per Rs.9500.00 ( which is under the ESIC limit and got the increment in NOv 07) , will have to pay contribution till Mar 08. From April 08 contribution should stop. If the salary would have raised from OCT 07 then the contribution would have stoped since it was the begining of contribution period.
Regards,
Harshad

From India, Mumbai
utiPink
hi
My colleague was drawning a salary of Rs 9800.00 till July-09.His increment done on Aug.
Can he eligible for the ESiC dedcution after increment till aug-09 payout.
Before Gross-9800
After Gross = 11200
& Company pay the 4 month arrears(April-July), Can he eligible for the esic deduction

From India, Thana
pavani2646

Dear sir,
As per the ESI Act,1948
Whose gross salary is less than 10000, those persons are applicable for ESI Benifits
IF gross salary is more than 10000 those persons are not elible for ESI benifits
IF Yor colleague is drawing gross salary more than 10000 then, there is no need to pay ESI contributions as per the ESI Act1948

From India, Delhi
avinash-babbi1

Dear All,
According to esi act 1948 , even if the gross salary becomes more than 10,000 rupees and if a person is running in any contribution period , he & the employer has to contribute till the end of that contribution period .This deduction has come up as result of case and be traced in books of law.
Hence contribution is payable and the person will be eligible for the contribution benefit of the corresponding contributory benefit period.
Regards,
AS

From India, Rohtak
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.