Prasad81

Respected Members,
I am in need of your guidelines regarding the following :-

This is regarding the Registration Certificate that the principal employer should obtain under The Contract Labour (R & A) Act, 1970.

As the registration of establishment and licence to the contractor is valid till 31st December of the year in which R.C. and Licence is granted/Renewed.

It is clearly mentioned in the Rule 29(1) of The Maharashtra Contract Labour (R & A) Rules, 1971 that "Every Contractor shall apply to the licensing officer for renewal of licence in FORM NO VII, intriplicate not less than sixty days before the date on which the licence expires------"

I want to know what is the last date for Principal employer to apply to the registering officer for renewal of R.C. and in which rule it has been mentioned?

From India, Pune
R.N.Khola

Dear
It is correct that the contractors are required to apply for renewal of their Licences to the Licensing Officer of the area with in 30 or 60 days before its expiry as the case may be as provided in Rules of different States but in my opinion there is no provision in this Act & Rules regarding the renewal of the Registration certificate. We are to apply for its amendment under Rule 18(4) of the Central Rules.In Haryana we have also the same Rule i.e. 18(4) for its amendment. You may also go through amendment of R C provision in your State Rules & take action accordingly.

R.N.Khola

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.