maapapa
Dear friend FRIENDS I AM NEW IN THIS FIELD BUT I WANT TO MAKE CAREER IN THIS FIELD SO PLZ HELP ME WITH YOUR BEAST I WANT TO NOW ABOUT THE RETURN RULES AND THERE DATES OF E.S.I.C , E.P.F & BOUNES
From India, Delhi
kknair

Dear Harun, As per the Minimum Wages Act, the rate notified by the State Government could be time rate/piece rate/both. So pl. check State Government notification whether piece rate is provided. If it is there, then pl. follow it. In case piece rate is not there and only time rate is there then for the work done in 8 hours the prescribed minimum wages is payable and by way of piece rate it cannot be reduced. Also check what others in the industry are paying so as to arrive at the industry level practice. Using all these factors a sound decision can be made. Regards KK
From India, Bhopal
pon1965

Even the NREG workers are brought under Min.wages Act of States (agri labour category) as per the recent SC ruling. Pon
From India, Lucknow
loginmiracle

Mr.Hem,
You said "company allows their workers to work 5 days in week....and pay them the wages on daily wages for the days worked.....
Do you mean to say they'ren't on permanent roll of the co. and they'ren't fixed on monthly wages/salary ? If it's so it is really a puzzle.
kumar.s.

From India, Bangalore
avnikhatana

Dear Hem Dev,
First of all you need the clarify us, that you are calculating minimum wage(daily paid amount) for the daily paid workers.
You question's answer is depend on that only.
Regards,
Kamesh Khatana

From India, Gurgaon
sramsoni
I want to know that ours is industries where require continuw working througt the month without any weekly off. But for the weekly off we pay them one day wages on the proportionae of monthly wages fixed for 26 days.
example:
minimum wages Rs 6000/- with weekly off
worker worked for 30 days
we pay wages 6000
1/6th of 6000 1000
Is there any voilation of any law for having duty continue for 30 days in a month without giving any weekly off ( But wages in liue of weekly off is paid on normal rate)

From India, Chandigarh
avnikhatana

Dear Sramsoni,
YOU CAN'T work continuously after 6 days. You have to give weekly off after 06 days or 48 hours of work. However you are paid the wages for the seventh day, it does not matter.
Regards,
Kamesh Khatana

From India, Gurgaon
Hem Dev Thapar
Res Sirs,
I have learnt several things in above discussions, but I want to know now that if the rate of minimum wage for one day is Rs. 100 and the worker is supposed to work only 5 days in a week i.e. he works approx 20 days out of 30 days and we are telling that we pay the wages on daily wage basis not monthly wage basis, as the minimum wage is Rs. 100, can we pay the amount (Rs. 100 x 20 = 2000) Rs. 2000/- to the worker or we have to pay the amount (Rs. 100 x 30 = 3000 / 20 =150 ) on Rs 150/- perday basis, the amount will be Rs. 3000/- per worker.
Pl. clearify.
Thanks and Regards.
Hem Dev Thapar

From India, Pune
Hem Dev Thapar
Res Sirs,
I have learnt several things in above discussions, but I want to know now that if the rate of minimum wage for one day is Rs. 100 and the worker is supposed to work only 5 days in a week i.e. he works approx 20 days out of 30 days and we are telling that we pay the wages on daily wage basis not monthly wage basis, as the minimum wage is Rs. 100, can we pay the amount (Rs. 100 x 20 = 2000) Rs. 2000/- to the worker or we have to pay the amount (Rs. 100 x 30 = 3000 / 20 =150 ) on Rs 150/- perday basis, the amount will be Rs. 3000/- per worker.
Pl. clearify.
Thanks and Regards.
Hem Dev Thapar

From India, Pune
avnikhatana

Dear Hemdev,
There are two things :-
1. As per the payment of wages act, Ff employee work three days in a week, He would be eligible for a paid weekly off.
2. If your daily wage workers registered under any act then they would required paid weekly off and will get the wages 100*30.
Regards,
Kamesh KHATANA

From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.