No Tags Found!

Maulin Suthar
One of our selected candidates asked for CL benefits from the date of joining, but my company will give that benefit after six months (end of probation), I answered that he will get the benefit of CL after completion of the six-month duty and he replied that it is his "loss of pay" if he is on leave, he is not joined yet but will join the company at may-2024, He is a good candidate, I suspect he may or may not join the company. What should I do?
From India, Ahmedabad
Madhu.T.K

I understand the question like this:
You have selected/ issued offer letter to one candidate. But he requires a few days leave immediately after joining. Your company policy says that an employee will be allowed to avail leave after six months/ confirmation. He knows that the leave will not be granted but hopes to get it on loss of pay basis. If you refuse to give him leave he will join your company only in May.

Even if you allow him leave on loss of pay, you will get benefits out of him only in May 2024. Then let him join in May, after he has finished his personal emergencies for which he is asking for leave. This will help you to keep your HR policies that you don't dilute your HR policy for an employee. Also why do you put an employee on roll just to give him leave? An employee on leave is equal to an employee on service. legally once an employee joins, he is your employee. Suppose, if he does not return, you will end up in sending show cause notices 1,2,3 etc and termination letter etc. Do you want that to happen?

From India, Kannur
Maulin Suthar
Thank you for your valuable reply.
From India, Ahmedabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.