No Tags Found!

Asha2005

Dear Urvashi....

I am sailing in the same boat as yours... the company I work is also facing the same issues..may be worse than yours... our salaries are delayed for almost three months for the past one year....
But..I am still clinging on.. because as a HR i dont think its ethical to leave a company when in bad shape...Its a very difficult situation.. especially in the recruitment front... but i feel its a great challenge.....If we are able to face these challenges.. and shows results in our work..its a great thing to do...it reflects on our capability

I agree..Sometimes..its very frustrating & feels very dejected....but coming out of situation in flying colours gives you utmost satisfaction...

check the manpower...take replacements only if its needed & based on project requirements...
Try to create a positive environment in office..sent out motivational quotes... carry out games or any lighter moments.....
have personal interactions in office.. by this you will know who all will leave and you can act accordingly...
As HR you will have go thru lot of difficulties... but it can be worth it for your professional growth....

Keep your head cool... and when you think the situation is becoming worse and you think you are losing your own confidence...Change the job!

All the best!

From India, Madras
amitshah

Hi,
Quiting the job due to this is not a proper solution.
This is very good case study you have came across at the starting of the career. Face it......
Try to get the confidence of your management. Speak to them about the issue happening. Give them pros and cons of the same. Try to find out the problem from your mgt. why salary is not paid on time.....
Once you are clear with this, then you can think about retaining the people.
Thanks,
Amit

From India, Mumbai
spectra.sai
Hi Urvashi Verma ,
I believe with Mr RK that "It is always better to feed 10 rather then to keep 100 people starving"
I too faced this situation once, I was not paid for 2 months and my boss used to say that he had some problems in giving salaries ,so all the employers has left the company,and i have worked for one more month hoping i can get my salary at a time but slowly i came to know that my boss was not able to pay my salary and i too left the job,
but now i came to know that i have really wasted my 3 Months time and also money,
so better inform your Boss that you are in need of money and its difficult to work with out salaries on date because you have to pay for Bank Lones, Rents
Be Loyal to your work not to your company
Better work for one more month and change your job,

From India, Bangalore
ujwalagundewar
Hey do call me on 9372113514, as I am facing this problem from past 6 months n i have handled it quiet well...and people are not leaving the organization...Its basically you who have to play the major role in this...you have to interact and increase your PR and that is only one of the way to gain their confidence, also you have to intiate and target those people who are highly influential...do some activities(come with employment engagement activities) to divert their attentin for some time...you have to make them realise that this is their company and at present their are certain crisis...and definately co. is going to b out of this very soonnnn....in-case on how to solve this problem more..u can call me..m confident that i'll be able to give you a better insight...n if people are leaving, let them leave..as it is, its an employer market now, n we have ample of people available to join the organizations (if al the above does not work, they carry such attitude, last resort)but you have started you career ryt now, so i suggest you not leave this..atleast try n understand that you have to complete 1 yr in ny case...you will have good exposure in handling such cases...be cool n calm..all the best...
From India, Pune
PARTHA PRATIM CHOWDHURY
Hi, Discuss the matter with ur Boss.Try to understand the reason for happening the situation.Then decide what should u do. PARTHA

nvijaya

Dear Urvashi,

I faced a similar experience in the organization where I worked. It was a small IT company and for the last few months things are in pretty bad shape. We haven't been paid our May and June salaries till date. For the senior management, salary is pending from April.

The company doesn't have funds but they keep recruiting people giving the salary they ask for in their appointment letters. But there is always a delay of 3 months in payment. But all employees used to write harsh mails to me regarding the delay in payment. Many employees have resigned in the last 4-5 months because of this.

There was tremendous pressure on me because of this and it started affecting my work. So, I have resigned from that company since I know that there is no future or growth in this company. My full & final is still pending.

If a company does not have funds or does not ensure that salaries are paid on time to employees by allocating funds for the same, there is no use continuing in such a company. The top management will say that things will change, but that day will never come or it will take a long time. HR and Accounts Dept. don't have any control over salary if the company's financial position is weak.

So, my advice to you would be to quit this company and try for a better job elsewhere. Go for a company which has proper rules and regulations, see their policies' hard copy and ensure that salary is paid every month. I have got a job in a better company which satisfies all the above.

All the best to you.

Regards,
Vijaya

From India, Mumbai
rkandadai

Hi Urvashi,
As told to you earlier, we all have solutions for everything...if going by your inputs that there is a transaction of money problem then solution is Streamline your payroll dates.

Important things to take a look into Streamlining Your Payroll dates are:
Month-Prepare a Tracking Report.

· Internal Holiday Date for that month
· Bank Holiday Date in that month
· Sat/Sunday before Payroll date
· Payroll Process date ( Like you can restructure your payroll payroll period as 23-24 of every month, leave 1 week for process and salaries to be credited every 1st of the month without fail or any other date whatever you may feel good for your company)
· COO/MD -Release Date
· HQ Approval Date
· Bank Submission Date (Considering process time)
· LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST-SALARY CREDIT DATE.

Please propose this solution and try this i am sure things would work out for you...
If there is any other issue please let me know i might be help to u.

Regards,

From India, Hyderabad
papia60
Hi Urvashi,
The problem here is that most of the western bank have stopped overdraft accounts that do business with US companies. They fear that because of the recession they will not be able to recover such money. If you company is a service based company, you will be affected, no matter what. Bigger BPO and IT services dont face such problems because they have got heavy cash reserves.
This problem should rectify in the next few months as the US economy recovers and the sub-prime crisis is under control. However, the management should be very clear about such issues so that people do not leave the company. HR has a very important role to play here because people are not going to talk to the CEO, they are going to ask you! So have a clear understanding of the actual problem and convey them likewise.
I have had the same problem for a few months although it's in much better shape now. Hope your problem goes away soon.
Regards

From India, Kalpetta
urvashiverma

hi...
thanks for informing me about the problm in western banks...
i was knowing this delay is because of some problem frm bank but not understanding it clearly....
thnks for all ur suggestion...
if anybody hav any new suggestion plz share ...

From India, Bangalore
sathiesh_9
I have a opnion that its better to look out for option because if your employer is not able to pay your salaries then he is not organised or planned a head of his business he is either waiting things to happen I have had bad experience my self so be transpernet in your communication if you see that your compensation is not on time with valid reason start looking out for opportunities.
If you still feel there are valid reason on salaries not on time then you are required to use your PR to retain your subordinates and explain them the situation.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.