sambhavanpatel
The title, having said it all... what can be some new & improved methods of doing so?
From India, Bangalore
Vinove

Hi,
At Vinove, to encourage loyalty...we celebrate year completions.
Every time an employee completes an year with us, we all get together, the supervisor hands over a banquet and a card to the employee. Appreciates him/her in front of everyone for his accomplishments etc through the year.
This makes the employee feel special on that day and gives him/her a feeling that loyalty is appreciated in the organisation.
Also, we have recently introduced Loyalty Benefits i.e. various Medical benefits, gift coupons, LIC Policies etc for employees completing certain number of years with us.
Hope this will help.

From India, Delhi
mohanmurali
How about a surprise double pay for a month. That would really keep employees anticipating. This could be on only the basic, keeping costs in mind.
From India, Bangalore
jenbrig4@gmail.com
To encourage loyalty you need to inculcate a sense of "ownership" of their particular area or task. If they feel like they own their part of the process, and are empowered to produce quality, then they will stay loyal to the task. Also, I agree that appreciation is inherent in this as there is a sense that management cares about their employees and thinks of them as actual people, not just "fungible assets", to quote one former CEO. My two cents, anyway, from someone having worked on both sides of the table. BTW on the appreciation bit I hate when I get junk in the name of gifts...so do plan that bit as carefully as loyalty...
From India, Bangalore
hdave
There is a whole range of stuff from the iPod line.. I dont think a shuffle would suffice, I am guessing that at least a 4GB Nano is the way to go.
From India, Bangalore
kumarsuri
There are definitely 2 scenarios here...
First...reduced cash inflows, less money on gifts, lets get cheap on gifting our clients, no impression, no business
Second...reduced cash inflows, less money on gifts, spend generously on clients to maintain and further generate good will, great impression, decent business
All these scenarios can be debated, they are definite possibilities at times like these.. its just your pick

From India, Bangalore
Bojamma
I have been looking at options too. Gadgets I think will work this year. Gifting Ipods is not only cool and stylish, but also in the budget. Emboss your company name behind it. Branding taken care off too. :),
From India, Bangalore
mohanmurali
Yes, something like an iPod which has become a personal attachment to many a people, would be just the thing that employees would appreciate.
From India, Bangalore
ragheshm
During these trying times, while you are getting suggestions for gifts, there are a few points you may want to consider;

1)give opportunities for these long-tenure employees to personally spend time with your top boss (CEO/COO) one-on-one. Inputs should be proactively taken for improvement within the organisation, their comfort level in the role and job, etc.
2)compulsorily provide for growth and role change wherever necessary (some organisations have people stuck to the same place since the date of their joining without any change in role or even a one level promotion)
3)give them opportunities to express themselves in front of a gathering where they can share the best moments in their tenure, high points and milestones achieved together, appreciations for other collegues, etc...
4)get their photos on the intranet
5)give out certificates in appreciation
6)give them a vacation
7)Place a bowl of chocolates in the cafeteria or send them across the office on behalf of the employee
8)send the employee a cake and a bouquet to their residence in the morning!!

The last two definitely needs some investment..!!

mohanmurali
Yes, some of these would work, definitely. But, as Bojamma mentioned, an iPod solution might be the way to go. A quality/cool/user friendly gadget like this will definitely strike a cord with them.
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.