No Tags Found!

rads786
Dear All, Can you help me understand the lay-off procedure in Dubai. Is it legal? How can I as an HR Manager lay-off employees without any legal hassels? Please Help!!!!!!
From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
ukmitra

Hey Rads,
For all Middle east countries, you are governed by the contract of your agreement. Usually, in all middle east, there is nothing as layoff for exparts. Since all exparts are brought in as workers on contract and that is for a fixed on unlimited period.
One cannot question in Middleeast, on layoff. All companies will have to follow their contract, and can terminate the service as per notice period mention in the contract.
Dubai is worst effected due to recession. In my bro firms, 6000 staff were sent back in 15 days.
Suggest you look for job immediately, rather spending time on this, as we have known this would be a waste of your precious time.
All the best.
Regards
ukmitra

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.