View Poll Results: What course of action this chap needs to take?
Should ask for written explaination for his termination and fiht for his rights?g 162 68.35%
Forgot the incident as a pinch of salt in his carrier & serach some other job 75 31.65%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Safalya
Dear,
I read the mail i feel it is really rediculios what hpnd with the innocent guy he was just tryin to intoduce him self so what wrong in that if this is not required why people ask abt thr hobbies in the interview,iam sure the md has took a very wrong dscn,anyways all the best for that guy.
Safalya

From India, Mumbai
deshmukh.prajaktaa@gmail.

HI Cirus,
what i read was a shock, i m unable to experience what he might felt after experiencing this.
No doubt all the blame is to that sr. person who head such a reputed organisation.
I can assure him that evryone get fruits of their deeds b'coz god knows very well who is right & who is wrong & he will have a justice soon.

From India, Delhi
Jennifer Isaac

Hi Cirus,
Your friend needs a huge support from everybody.
He seems to be very innovative, and this way of introductory mail was something different that he did.
Everybody shud have a chance to introduce themselves, wherein people would come to know their hidden qualities in writing, etc.
I think this shud be made known to the Organisation who terminated him.
They could have called him and just told him that this wont work, I'm sure the guy in future will think twice and do something.
All the best My Dear Friend.
If you are HONEST & GOOD, GOD is there to HELP YOU.
Thanks,
Jennifer Isaac

From India, Mumbai
nidhishrivastava

Hi Cirus,M not only surprised by the Mr. MD's reaction but what was HR head doin???He/she couldnt be by his/her subordinate's side when it was no mistake of his, I think more than anybody else HR should take a strong stand here even if the person terminated is from any other vertical & if HR is quiet then God help the organiization & its employees.Its an eye opener for entire HR fraternity that we should be aware of our duties/responsibilities and rights at the same time. Termination needs a reason, rather a valid reason, just because MD doesn't like someone/something, it can not call for termination which even he should be aware ofhe is not running a family run business here, its supposed to be a professional organization.Thanks & Regards,Nidhi Shrivastava
From India, Pune
sneha.raj
Hello people,
I had to reply in this forum specially for the remark of the gentlemen(Mr.Ravi).
Coming straight to the issue:
Though HR`s reject some (very few )candidates becoz of various reasons(Integrity issues,HR issues...),which anyone not having an awarenes or sound knowledge of "HR methodology",is not at all a right person who can make any remark on the HR`s or to the work they do.It might be that you had a bad/pathetic experience in the past but doesn`t mean you can raise a question on the HR`s in general.And By the ways HR`s are suppose to be creative & enthusiast.
As it goes with Varun Yadav,it is a highly shameful act done by the "MD" of the organization.He should be condemned for such an act.For a person who is so enthusiast & creative in the mail,For sure he will definitely go a long long way in the HR field .Whatever has happened is just a small hurdle in your succesfull path in future.
I say all this becoz I`m an HR myself.
So All the best & be postive.

From India, Bangalore
nidhishrivastava

Hi Cirus,M not only surprised by the Mr. MD's reaction but what was HR head doin???He/she couldnt be by his/her subordinate's side when it was no mistake of his, I think more than anybody else HR should take a strong stand here even if the person terminated is from any other vertical & if HR is quiet then God help the organiization & its employees.Its an eye opener for entire HR fraternity that we should be aware of our duties/responsibilities and rights at the same time. Termination needs a reason, rather a valid reason, just because MD doesn't like someone/something, it can not call for termination which even he should be aware of.Thanks & Regards,Nidhi Shrivastava
From India, Pune
sujeet_rajawat

Dear All
This is really sad............but I am agree with Ajhan....I am only writing my opinion that all the industries have their own protocols.....
If this would be in domain of IT, Finance or Telecom the mail would have been appreciated well..........
But In manufacturing industries things are very different......companies are still working on typical industrial protocols...
TATA's are well known for their values and ethics........and I sincerely proud them as industrialist..........
I know the intention of the guy was not wrong but such a casual attitude is not expected from employees in TATA's or in any other good company.....
I know lot of people might say I am wrong....
but I can only suggest this guy to write a apology letter to Sr. Officials and leave the company in best possible way..........
I wish him for his career........and learn from the mistakes............

From Nigeria, Lagos
Devasenapathy

Dear Cirus/Victim,
Fine. Forget it yaar.. look for something else.
You know, even bill gates have sent out from his school during his studies.
Infy Chairman Mr.Narayanamoorthy have not given offer from wipro.
All the great celebrities have been denied or faced such kind of incident.
Have they give up? Also they dint fight for their rights.. they fight for their goals.
All the best !!!
Good luck my boy.
Regards,
Deva

From India, Madras
tusharnme
hi friends, i must say one thing to taht guy,that "you are not the loser,company is the loser"so cheer up as you hav nt losed anything.hope he will get a job very soon. all wishes tushar

sadaf_khan_ak
I certainly feel that the MD is at total fault.
Firstly, since the HR Head had recruited this person, she must have seen something worthwhile in him and hence selected him. I think MD should be asked to give a written explaination for terminating the service. Which I think he wont give because the reason quoted by MD is totally baseless.
I wish the guy and his friend all the very best. Keep us updated as to what happened to the MD.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.