No Tags Found!

sekhars111

If attendance register is compulsory in all offices pls let me know under what act and section which it comes.
I work in an constuction/architect concern where senior and junior staffs work. The remuneration is good. One having 10yrs exp decline to sign the attendance register. What I should do.
Inform mgt - ok , informed but still it continues. we have electronic system too. But not up to std.
If it comes under the wages act 1936 under section 6 it is for the workers and not for the higher ups when gross rem is too high .
Pls let me know how to handle the situation.

From India, Madras
ramanuj.hardik
It is also prescribed under the provision of Factories Act and Under the shops and Establishment Act as well as if you have permission to maintain the records in Soft copy you may continue with the electronic system (Permission should be from Labour officer).
From India, Pune
srividya.kothapalli

Ofcourse sekhar,
maintainance of attendance register is quite mandatory though a manual register or a system operated register is optional. irresective of the pay and designation,every employee is supposed to sign or swipe their access cards to maintain their attendance record and even the leave maintainance.
so, take a print out " Please sign /swipe their cards during their enty and exit so as to maintain a concrete record - Team HR " and paste it at all the entrance and exit points on every floor/level.
moreover send a circular to the junior and senior staff stating that HR and Admin dept. are facing lots of troubles during payroll processing and so everyone has to sign./swipe ,for accurate results of Payroll.

From India, Hyderabad
kprasoon

If you want to do away with maintaining manual registers, you have to take permission (exemption) from the Dy. Labor Commissioner of your area.
From India, Pune
sekhars111

Dear srividya.kothapalli, I am happy to view your reply, but I cannot find a correct answer. Pls read and let me know exactly. I will be thankful to you and all. best wishes and regards,
From India, Madras
ramanuj.hardik
Dear Shekhars,
I feel, You may follow the instructions of srividya and then you may consider the electronic attendance as well as from register while you process payroll only for one or two months then regularly you may fix any one reference.
If that person has not signed the register or not swiping the card you may consider him absent.
Please you and all others share your views on this.
--
Regards,
Hardik

From India, Pune
sekhars111

Dear Ramanuj, As per the advise of Srividhya ji is done. Only one person have a problem for not signing the attendance register. How to tackle it.
From India, Madras
ramanuj.hardik
As explained, you may circulate a notice as below.
"
Sub : Important Circular Regarding Attendance
Dear All,
This is a general circular that henceforth the attendance would be considered only from the Register/Swiping Machine.
The Employee who forget to sign or swipe the card has to intimate to HR with necessary approvals/reason to consider it. The Mail should be sent before end of the day else we would not consider it.
Non swiping or unsigned day would be considered as Absent.
--
Team HR "
After this circuler you may process payroll on the basis of your attendance register and it would be better if you update your attendence. also you would be able to answer the management while deducting the salary of that person.
Hope this may resolve your query.
--
Regards,
Hardik

From India, Pune
sekhars111

Dear Ramanuj, Let me know under what act and section which it comes. If the gross pay ranges from 50 k and above will the act will be same. kindly help.
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.