No Tags Found!

thapar.rahul@gmail.com

i feel some of u r really correct.. we cant exactly stop uses of mobiles. it depends upon inductry also. its about ettiqutes of mobile uses as well. Moreover it depends upon work culture and criticality of tasks as well and also team management. Its not only about freedom of employees its also about workplace management n general ettiquets..
instead of policy it can be guided by guidelines in general.

From India, Mumbai
lakshetty
Mobile phone has taken importance over everything else. Employees forget to carry log book to meetings but mobile phone never......:huh:
Its not a good idea to ban completely in office instead have policy describing its usage, do's and don'ts.

From India, Bangalore
lakshmishankar

Usage of Mobile phone in office should not be prohibited. Only we should implement the Etiquettes.
If the person in Travel desk department or some other important service provider department they should have to answer some important calls. For that departments the office can provide their own corporate SIM cards and also they can strictly tell about the usage of the cell phones.

From India, Visakhapatnam
Gudivaka

I feel its largely depends on the industry, in the co i worked earlier (happens to be Retail industry) the mobiles are restricted in the work place. All the employees in the operations dept used to put there mobiles in the stores and they can check there call at the lunch & tea breaks , so that there is no disturbance at work place.
At the same time the co used to provide the office mobiles to few employees depending on the job requirement, but there personnel mobiles are been restricted. Which to a larger extent would reduce the disturbance in the work place.
Equally we need to educate the employee about the office Etiquettes to make them understand the need.

From India, Hyderabad
Lakshmi Rajesh
Agreed that it causes a lot of distraction. Some companies very clearly restrict the use of mobiles or the number of calls to be taken. Some permit the usage during the lunch time. So accordingly depending on the industry I guess you can make the policy.
From India, Bangalore
Bhajiya

Partho, You can mention in policy that any employee found using Mobile in workplace his mobile will be forfeited. This will definately reduce mobile usages. Bhajiya
From Saudi Arabia
K.Ravi

First u see how long can u do without ur mobile, u must be having direct nos, but for people who dont have direct nos how will their personal frnds contact them,, through long extension nos, nononono
NONONO
NEVER
I OPPOSE N CONDEMM THIS :-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

From India, Pune
mnagar1
For sure it depends upon the industy u work for...Suppose in telecom industry you cant imagine work without phones...cz half of the staff is on filed and projects work...
But all employees nee to be aware bout telephone skills and shud not entertain long personal calls at work...
Otherwise it becomes a trend for all...gradually !!!

From India, New Delhi
dipi
hi
ya as my concern it is necessary to restrict the mobile use in the office environment bcoz we all known day by day the schedule of office become very hectic so that it is very necessary to restrict the use of mobile in office hrs.

From India, Bangalore
dpattanayak

Hi, Partho
Now cellphone is necessary rather than fashion.But in office you shoud have to make rules like the low volume ringtones,restriction for long time talking & to avoid personal calls etc.For the servicing sector,sales etc... Cellphone is necessary.
thnks
D Pattanayak
Dy.Manager-HR

From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.