Pooja verma

Hi
According to me you shouldnot talk like this in the against of ur previous company because u have learnt many things from that company.
And always remember that every company has its different-2 policy.
It also be possible that the company financial position was not very much sound.
I want to say that the company where u are working must treated as a family then it gives positive impact towards u.

From India, Pune
pandurang
Hi,
I appriciate to this case, that somebody caring to the poor. but there should be right approach to the situation, You have to show the right way of life, how they can be well educate & will enhance the abilities to stragle to the situation.
Pandurang

From India, Pune
Dharmandar Attal

Here i can see clearely four aspects :

1: One is your friend

2: Responsibility towards organization

3: Management lax in providing adequate support

4: Not conforming the apprentice

Well in the initial stage to gain experience the guys would have joined and given their full potential but slowly would have been conditioned to the atmosphere and culture of the organization.

Organization culture which flows top down and you being the lower most ladder had your own values and ethics pinching you to abide by the organization rules and regulation.

Look at it from this perspective when the new apprentice dont have any future they will involve in finding the right opening for them. After all they too need to support themselves.

Here i feel middle mangement is very well aware of the problem and also feel that they don't have any solution for the same, but you being a person in a responsible position it is important that you abide by rules and regulation.

It's trickish as others (apprentices) will start taking you as a negative person, hence it is required that you keep the communication channels open and abide by your ethics and integrity. These things will strengthen you as a person and take you a long way in your own career and as an individual.

Regards

Dharmandar Attal

Regional Head Client Servicing

Astrum Sercon Pvt. Ltd.

Training & Consulting

Mobile - 9810643099

eMail -

From India, New Delhi
Nalini Sinha

Hi,

The problem quooted by you is very much familiar and I know everyone at some point of time in their career must have faced it.

My simple piece of advice. You work anywhere in the world but never give an opportunity to someone to raise finger on your honesty & integrity. Being an common honest employee, understand that you and your company is into a mutual relationship of give and tak and not you and your boss. You work for your company. While you are working with this company your boss may keep on changing, now you can't bend your integrity according to them. Be honest, if your boss says not to deduct salary, I can undersatnd his goodwill but better to have a written approval on that and also each and every time he ask you to do that.

Coming to your friend, make him understand that he is still shaping his future and this kind of unaccountability could lead him to a dis-satisfying career. Also, you have lot of HR fundas to say, for ex. you say to your friend that you need to keep your behavior right in whattever compnay you join, coz now the new trend is that if you are applying for job somewhere else, then your prospective employer can give a call to this company doing a background & reference check 4 you and if by mistake someone says something negative about you, you stand to loose that job.

Being an HR person you need to think good 4 people and the company both. You need to keep both the side happy. If you work under discipline people and company, both will respect you.

Regards,

Nalini

From India
K.Ravi

@AMITH R MURTHY

1) I have mentioned what was the use of following the rules none of them have followed and also

no one as recognized you, according to me no will so easily recognisee the good efforts which

again might happen 01 in 100 times. Don't wait for things to happen atleast by following the

rules and regulations it will definitely help you to keep on doing the good work even when you

reach the highest level in your life. Tell me what do you think on this..................

amit though that company was MNC but the environment was DEADWOOD,, all managers were old, and

themselves broke all rules. I hated the company, still as my nature goes im too loyal to any job,

so the same happened with this, no matter i did not get recoganised i did my job. But only today

i think that i could have relaxed for my frnd, when the managers spend their company money and

resources for personal works, the same inspiration I would get from them,, and to change them was

impossible, and though in begining i tried to change the culture,, i got no support.. so then i

ultimately decided,, that better concerned with my job.

2) As quoted by sangeetha i think if you do this it will not help to improve the discipline in you organization. Because your best friend might just pass this information to other and such a case may not happen 01 in 100 times. Tell me about your views on this also...........

Disclipine would improve when it would be present in that company. There was no discipline in the company. and i had 100% trust in my frnd he would not tell anyone, so there is no issue of my frnd telling some other person . employee about it....

3) When it comes to the Rs 1000/1500 any particular employee will be knowing when he joins the company that he will be getting only that much and even sometimes less than that if at all he takes more leave, so they will be keeping their fianicial commitments to that particular amount only or even sometimes below. If at all your Boss insists you not to cut than do it too all such employees without their knowledge, but in my veiw do it only if they deserve and they are really worthy to the company else please cut the amount.

May be in interest of humanity, or they really deserved it, they were made to work almost 10-12 hrs daily,, and given meagre 1500 rs,,, the same work a permanent worker, protected by union does for 8 hrs ,, that too out of 8 hrs he works for abt 4-5 hrs only,, and takes home 15000... so why to deduct their pay,,, as their absence were genuine,,

they are just 12 pass / ITI passed and what they know about financial committment etc.. whatever hard work they do they have to go after one yr,so de are not worthy to the company.. , so the best that we can do was atleast pay them their salary without cutting themm,,, and help them gain an experience,and come up in life.. ,

@Dharmandar attal..

It's trickish as others (apprentices) will start taking you as a negative person

They feared even to ask me a question,,, and I never interacted with them,, never spoke with themm,,, no one dared to speak even if they spoke negative about me,, there were not any takers for it..

@Nalini Sinha

new trend is that if you are applying for job somewhere else, then your prospective employer can give a call to this company doing a background & reference check 4 you and if by mistake someone says something negative about you, you stand to loose that job.

well my references are usually strong,, and im a true hardworker,,, no doubt about it.. the other thing which u speak is like new to me,,, like the company calling some other person [some other executive, apprentice, peon etc] apart from the HR manager in the company,, which i worked ...

well thanks for your replies..

From India, Pune
pallavi_12

Hi,
I have faced similiar kind of issues.
To be honest, no company works on strict policies and procedures, porbably since it is new job for you, you are finding it hard to c the things.
What i can say that you dont loose your values for the sake of campany all the time and also sometimes need to listen to the manager even though it is against company policy.
Dont be strict on each issue, you anaylse and then decide which way you need to follow depending upon the situations and your undestanding.
Thanks
Pallavi.

From India, Mumbai
rahat_sharma
Why we guys need appreciation all the time ????
We are here to do our job and we should do it.
We are not here to be nice and sweet. We should be strong and as HR we are the pillars of organisation.
We are the Idols and mentors of employees, if we deviate from our goal and responsibilities than the respect HR has will be lost.
I know that there are a lot of employees and HR pro's too who engage in such mundane activities but then the respect they have and you is hardly comparable..
Your friend, i guess is not happy with you.....bt deep down his heart he knows, that you are a genuine guy and you will do what is asked to do in the most professional manner.
This kind of Goodwill is hard to get and harder to maintain.
All the best buddy. Its good to hear that we have such strong people in our industry.

From India
nandita sharma
Hi......

Being an HR professional, i feel that empathy,proactiveness and positivity is much much important than the policies of a company......juz think, dat why are policies made!!!!!!!! But if an individual is not comfortable wid it and the organization is not facing any losses incase it is not followed....i dont think dere's any harm......if a needy gets some benefit out of it. Your friend is just a trainee, he's at the verge of starting his career and he wants to make optimum utilization of the time available...he must get the independence to do that, as such already the company is making them work like anything......If u want to avoid such a situation with you or with your friends in future...as an HR , i would suggest you to take an initiative and coduct few career counselling programs for the apprentices and help them to search for the jobs as a part of CSR...company will also gain goodwill through this..I'm also a Trainee and doesn't have any experience.....i would be glad if you reply back to me.

Nandita

From India, New Delhi
K.Ravi

I told im not encouraged for any type of work and when the managers are looting the company there is no harm in me doing some good,, for my frnd, and its not going to harm the company,, the
From India, Pune
r.harry
Hi,
Favouring your friends for present might land you in a big soup in the future. Instead you should educate them not to commit mistakes in the future. Maintain a healthy relationship with all and make them realise their undoings as well as without making them feel guilty. And more importantly keep inform your immediate boss about all this if only it is of big magnitude.
Be loyal to an extent where both the parties (your company and employees) should not face heat.
Regards
Hari R

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.