Anonymous
Dear sir namaste, I have a query. If an employee's actual date of joining is January 2023 but somehow she is registered in EPF portal as march 2023 after completing two month probation period and we want to pay her from January 2023 it possible to pay arrear payment or not if yes how we can make the payment kindly guide me, sir

Naresh

From India
Madhu.T.K

In order to pay the arrears you will have to change the date of joining first. This is possible only if you write to EPFO. Even a joint declaration would not serve the purpose because it is not an error of omission but suppression of facts and records. Only after correcting the date of joining you can make past contributions. It will certainly include interest as per section &Q and damages as per 14B of the EPF and MP Act.

You may try to change the date of joining in the EPF portal. If it is editable, then you need not have to personally visit the PF office. But I am not sure if you can do it online.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.