No Tags Found!

venkatesh.n

Srinivas Sir,
Make your employees to know about,
1. Reason behind "Eligibility for Week Off" i.e., 8Hrs * 6 Continuous Days= 48 Hrs .
2. Possible consequences in work disturbances if they doesnt atend duties for stipulated work hours.
3. Restrict permissions e.g. two one Hour permissions per month on different days, beyond that introduce Loss of Pay concept.
Hope u get benefited, no wrong in building new culture. Go head sir. All the very best

From India, Vijayawada
riyarodeshia

Hey dear same time I am going thru ............ but jab jaha zor zabardasti aur kanuno se nahi chalta waha tricks khelne padte hain................ ek group to motivate kar k dusre group ko nicha dikhao aur first group k saath aap friendly bano thodi si leverages do............... incentivise karo............ every thing will come true.............. learn from goras.......... devide and rule dear.................. This is my funda..............
From India, Delhi
MuraliHR
As long as we are working to reach the final deliverables for the organisation, we should go ahead with our process improvement.
Though today u may be isolated, tomorrow all of them will be benefitted with Confidence of Top mgmt over the people . That time everyone ll value your initiative..
So keep going and sustain the system for benefit of the Org

From India, Madras
nagamitkumar

Dear Mr Srini,
Its good to hear that you had brought about the change in the organisation, but don't you think you were fast in bringing the change.

As an HR Personnel we are dealing with Human being where we need to think a lot before any change, especially when chaginging their habits. Nobody in any of organisation like to work for more than said hour or the given hours. There might be but hardly 0.001%. Make them realise the change is for their orgn. betterment not for the indl.

Second as per my suggestion just sit idle for couple of days/week without doing any work. Now try to introduce some welfare measure for our own people/ employee ultimately you are between the Management and Worker. Your employee should not see that you are only Mang Repre. but also employee.

Have some re-creation programme, incentive etc.

Quiting is one of the simplest but wining the heart is tough? Now you decide whether to quit or win HEART.

Keep smiling:) when handling tough situation because that the place you are learning the best

Any query call me

Amit Nag
HR & Adm Head
Pioneer Group of Industries

From India, Vadodara
Suri Babu Komakula

Dear Srinivasan

I have seen your post and replies thereon advising you to follow some tactics to improve your position.

Besides all the replies, I want to convey some important clues to get rid of the difficulties in performing the job. I had a bitter experience of about 28 years dealing with personnel management in the Department of Education, Government of AP. As a Human Resources executive, I do face the same situation like you. But one thing we have to observe, that the HR Manager is a gifted person in any organization. No doubt, it is fact that you cannot satisfy each and every person in the orgnization. There are so many wasteful persons who always disseminate bad information on you.

In this regard, I suggest to you watch my post " H.R.Managers - Some qualities" so that you can make yourself some changes in your sattire.

HR Managers are intermediators between the Management and the Employees. It is a middle level Management job. The key role played by the HR Manager will certainly attract the satisfaction of the employees.

Adopting new policites, regulations, control, discipline naturally bring some dis-satisfaction among the subordinate employees. But there is a system to follow for its implemention chronologically. Strict disciplinary measures always give bad results. HR Managers should develop co-ordination, co-operation, support with the employees. Bossism is always not advaisable. Patience is important. Try to motivate the employees with your skills and explore the possibilites to invite the employees to your heart and make them suitable for the changes you want to make. Implement your changes gradually, one by one, without any restrictions, by explaining the Organizational policites, concepts, prestige, competetveness, and status and change the mind set of such of the employees who are irregular towards duties. Explain politely the systems and procedures you want to introduce in the best interest of the Compny and in the long run they will be benefitted with monetary considerations. Employes future natually depends upon the progress of the firm. So, try to make the employees understand the image of the Company and ask them to render helping hand in implementing the procedures and plans for effective functioning of the firm and to maintain discipline in the orgnizational structure.

Hope you would understand my feelings

With best wishes

Suri Babu Komakula

From India, Vijayawada
Nawas

Dude, Don’t runaway from responsibilities, keep doing your best and one day they’ll recognize your efforts. All the best
From Kuwait, Kuwait
smsulthan
DEAR

Managing HR related job is leading the entire work force under framed policies. to achieve this

The concerned person should be able to love and atttract others.

He should be articulate

He should expose his leadership qualities

Others should understand that HR Manager is for them.

Also, HR Manager should balacne both employers and employee.

He should be able to convience management for employees' benefit

Also employees should make understand that ulitmate result is productivity.

HR manager should take wefare measures of employees and ther families.

You should know about yourself and yoru capabilities. Then only yuo can succeed.

The above facts are essential not only HR Manager but all managers.

Please go through SWOT analysis. Overcomr your weakenesses.

Consult with your management for a forml meeting with all employees and announce incentive scheme or any other wefare measure. Arrange for a picnic. Celebrate New year with employees' family members.

Remeber Jan starts increment will paly a mojor role. Utilize yor HR knowledge to upgrade theri salaries and perks. Coordiante with finance department and table your proposal to the management. Make understand other employees you are doing this. But do not be transparent.

Make a list of achievers for 2008. Reward them.

Make announcement of reward for employees ward who secure 90% marks in their final examianation like matricuation or Higher secondary

Start counselling for employees to give up form drinking and smoking habits. It is difficult task because 99 % are smokers.

Also, I wish to write few line for our firind who is fed after working for 13 years. I certialnly say that problem is with him not with the job or colleagues or management.

Wish you All the best.

SMS - Dubai

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
monicavinni@gmail.com
Hey Srini,
Take it easy dear!U know wht u r doin a gr8 job,I've also done my HR proj in a manufacturing company n same thing happened there bt yaar chill coz wen u grow people feel jealous n they do it intensionallyu do ur work dr u r paid for ur work n try to gv 100% to it.
Alwz b loyal to ur profession.n once agn i must say really u r doin a grt job coz changing the system n keepin everything in an organized manner is really a tough task.
thnks n rgds,
Monica Shah

From India, Pune
Sirini
Dear Srini
This is very common. No one is paid to be popular in their jobs. HR position is the most unpopular job in every organisation.
HR has to keep the Management happy. HR has to keep the staff happy. So HR has to forget about HR s own views and do the job.
I too have done the same changes in my organisation. Everybody does not mind these things. Only some of them. Please be patient. Do the changes very slowly. One by one. At staff meetings praise the staff and thank them for corperating.
After a few months (atleast 6 months), they will be thanking you.
Patsy

Mayank Kukreja

Hi Srini..
i can understand ur stance..critical..hmm.
but i dont feel that its a good idea to give up too soon..its just few hurdles, n i feel u shud take them as opportunities. n these opportunities will give you a the chance to prove your mettle.
n problems wont end with changing a job, or company...issues are everywhere, in any damn company-however big or small, however professional or unprofessional..
ur intentions are too sacred..to create a win win situation for both, the workers as well as the management. but wherever is a change, there is a resistance. n this resistance depends on the degree of change.
n right now, u are undergoing this phase only..
we talk about "managing people" in hr..we talk about change management, team building, motivation..... i feel, u have got the right opportunity to implement lot of interventions..
my words might look too theoritical2u...but afterall, its not simply hr, but managing a business, which stands on:"Managing the people".
Regards,
Mayank
"Because we dream, Because we do"

From India, Bhilai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.