No Tags Found!

rajee46
Hi TS,

Thanks for your support.

I spoke to consultancy thru whom i got the offer. they've asked me to get back to them on monday with a timeframe from my present company, so tht they request their client for an extension.

Its become lilttle emotional with my manager, she says it is definately motivated and promised me tht she would also fight on my behalf. she also suggested me to buy some time from the new employer.

on monday i am gonna give it one last shot with everyone including the insurance company. If nothing works tuesday like you suggested i will go legal and no looking back. these guys should be taken to task.

can i go legal while i am still an employee,can i do tht ?

coz, this all new to me.

Like you mentioned in your previous post, if this is meant happen then, i shouldnt have got the new offer. honestly i did not go looking for an opportunity. it came to me even though i hesitated, it literally huanted me down, everytime i said no to it, it came back even stronger. if i tell you how the whole thing came along you will be surprised.

thts why i am not able to digest all this. anyways hoping for the best.

Thanks again for all the support and will send in my resume by monday.

Thanks

From India, Hyderabad
tajsateesh

Hello rajee46,
While at this point of time, there's nothing much that I can suggest, except waiting for things to unfold next week, let me comment on some aspects/situations that you mentioned.

".......get back to them on monday with a timeframe from my present company, so tht they request their client for an extension".
What if the present company DOESN'T give you any specific timeframe--which is more likely than not? Suggest tell that Consultancy to buy the MAX-possible time from the new company. I am sure they would be having some sort of a 'hunch' [on the indicative response], if they were dealing with this company since sometime now.

"...........nothing works tuesday like you suggested i will go legal...".
Pl note that what I had been suggesting all thru was 'MULTI-TASKING'--acting in-parallel, rather than in 'serial mode'. When you meet the lawyer, he will definitely need at least a day or so to decide the PoA & frame a response from your end. Do you have that kind of time? If you handle this in-parallel, the best-case scenario [on the legal option] would be you will be 'ready-to-go' when needed, without any waste of further time. The worst-case scenario would be: you may not need to move forward in this direction, BUT you would be only telling the issue to one more person. Hope you got it.
I suggest you contact a professional lawyer--if he/she is known to you, the better [since there are crooks in this profession too--my experience]. So you wouldn't loose any more time.

"......can i go legal while i am still an employee...".
As far as I know, you can. There's no bar to who approaches the court. This is where your choice of the lawyer becomes important--quite a few of them just say--YOU ARE RIGHT....LET'S FILE A CASE, irrespective of whether it's in your interest or not [you know where his/her focus is].

".........if this is meant happen then, i shouldnt have got the new offer. honestly i did not go looking for an opportunity. it came to me even though i hesitated........"
More on this aspect of the situation later; I still would repeat the same. But first focus on resolving the situation @ hand.

All the Best.

Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
ngurjar

You can go legal at any time. If you file a case against the company, they are bound to ensure that it doesn't cause prejudice... So, the noose tightens on them.
At the same time, they will also leave no stone unturned to ensure that you are 'out'.
TS is right. You need to multi-task. And get the court notice to them. Its important. If you delay, it would be a bigger loss. Believe me. You needed to have done it last week!

From United States, Daphne
rajee46
Hi All,

I am sorry I could not update immed.

Finally, I was relieved on the 22nd of aug. almost a month after the actual last working day(25th july).

I wrote several mails to the top brass, mentioning about the way i was treated in their org. Immed the company conducted a exclusive investigation on me, to check if the documents pertaining to the claim were original.

It seems they received a report from the insurance company stating that the docs provided by me were fraud.

They have actually flown a team of investigators all the way from china to investigate. It sounds weird and crazy but it really happened.

It was worse than a police interrogation. It went for 2 days. Finally on the 22nd of AUG I received a mail stating "The investigation team has confirmed, that the allegation of falsified medical claim documents was unsubstantiated."

So they let me go. However I still did not receive the claim amount, anyways i am not worried about that now. But i will not leave it there, I will fight for it till the end. I have paid premium for it.

I am extremely happy that i got out of that "HOLE".

My New employer waited all along until i got out of the mess. I joined the new company on the 29th Aug.

Its been a week and its all nice so far.

I would like to thank each and everyone who has responded to my query. I really aprreciate it. Thanks.

The company which harrased me is none other than "IBM". Its all fancy from the outside but from the inside its a nightmare.

Cheers!

Rajee.

From India, Hyderabad
tajsateesh

Hello Rajee,
First of all--A BIG CONGRATS & HAPPY HUNTING in your New Organization :-)

Not many have the stuff to keep things going like you did--all it takes is the power of conviction in the 'righteousness' of one's actions & the right advice at the right time. And if one has the belief in HIM, all the better while passing thru such phases.
But, like I mentioned, not many have it--most people look for the short-cuts, both in their professions & life. Having seen thru many such phases/situations, I can well understand what you went thru.

Coming to your earlier Organization [IBM], I suggest you don't develop any animosity towards them--for, frankly, they are the victim of the down-sides of the so-called elaborate Verification mechanisms that many companies now-a-days have in place.
I recollect a scene from a movie--though it was meant to be a joke, it is poignantly true too: a guy asks for the ID of another person--do you have any ID--Ration card? PAN Card? Rent Receipt? Or at least an electricity Bill? Nothing? Then you just don't exist for the world. That's the world we live in now--too much dependence on paperwork/automation thereby loosing touch with the 'human' part of other human beings.

At least IBM went to a great length to cross-verify based on your persistence--I am not sure how many other companies would do that [I am NOT canvassing for IBM here, mind you--just giving another perspective/angle].
To err is Human--but the true character of the person/organization comes out ONLY by HOW THE ERROR IS HANDLED, once realized.
Someone @ the top must have seen thru the game the Insurance company was trying to play [declare your Claims as fraud & escape the responsibility of settling the claim in favour of IBM]--so much for the integrity of the Insurance company & how IBM handles them now is their baby, so to say.

All the Best again & do keep in touch with this Forum :-)

Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
rajee46
Dear TS,
Sir, Advise taken. I am sorry it was the pain and the frustration i went thru in the entire process for no fault of mine. My main worry was my entire family was stressed because of that. I actually had to take my father to IBM to show them the surgery scars. they took phtographs of it , asked several questions to my mom and dad. I felt really bad for them. The new company insisted on the releiving letter. so I had to hold to my temper and come out clean.
I was deeply hurt by the way people in IBM handled the situation, even before anything was proved they already started treating me like a tainted employee. That part i could not tolerate.
Anyways, I am happy that truth prevailed and thats all it matters.
Thanks
Rajee

From India, Hyderabad
ngurjar

Rajee,
Congrats and stay high.
The treatment you have undergone is not uncommon. So, don't worry about it. At the same time, I don't know if you can stay away from the 'negative emotions' this whole episode has brought by.
In any case, I don't buy the TS statement that they are victims of their own verification mechanisms. Clearly in your case, an allegation was made... and it was on a false premise. So, it is less of their verification mechanisms and more of their intent to trouble you. Anyway, its in the past.
What would be of interest at this stage is:: What was the HR position all along? That is something I would like to understand.
Reg,
Nikhil

From United States, Daphne
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.