sandhyakrishnan
Hi,
Can some one help me ? I have to decide the promotion of some employees in our organization. I have got their Performance appraised for by thier section heads & supervisors.
I am little bit confused how to take their ratings seriously ? I have a doubt that the ratings may be biased. I am not able to decide whom to promote and not?
Please somebody help me to sort out this. can some one guide me how to work with Performance Appraisal for promotions
thanks
Sandhya

From India, New Delhi
mitulgusai
Dear Sandhya
It is very simple, You have to short all forms in percentage wise for example A,A+,B,B+ C,C+ and making sheet in grade wise and also getting suggestion from their HOD for promotion and count his experience,knowledge,job responsibility and work output is helping to you for your problem.
Thanks
Mitul Gusai

From India, Rajkot
Euosuph
Dear Sandhya,
As you know performance appraisal and promotions are two different exercise. Only those who can promote when any organization changes occur, etc. For your ease I am attaching herewith a form. You can evaluate the promotees on this format. Further need any help you can call me.
Regards,

From Pakistan, Karachi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: xls Promotion.xls (23.0 KB, 1777 views)

sanwu00

I agree with Eu, performance appraisal and promotions are two different exercise. Promotion file is very good for director in order to re-check promotion of employee. rgs
From Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City
krishnarfc

Hi Sandhya,
PMS is an imp. job responsibility for HR people. It needs accurate info. from the employee, collegues and dept., head.
Now a days, all the info. of appraisee is some how bais which is recd. from the dept., It impacts on the remaining employees who really work hard.
To avoid this kind of situations, we introdue PMS stricktly and proceedurally through the 180 Degree and 360 Degree methods which is suitable for the industry.
Based on the appraisee and reviewer reports, we have to analyze the data and observe the kra's of the employee and recommend HR comments for promotion or increments.
HR plays key role in this aspect and any one can come down to follow the proceedure.
I hope u will study the PMS thorougly before proceesing.
Thanks & Regards,
Raju. K

From India, Hyderabad
V. Rangarajan

Dear Ms Sandhya Krishnan,

I read your requirements. In any organisation there is a room-- however professional you or others may be -- for a insignificant percentage of bias when the decision is arrived at in linking the performace with the award/rewards/monetary gains. It is best dealt with the systems and procedures. It cannot be totally and fully avoided, If your boss does the appraisal for you unintentionally there is a bias in the decision making process. Even where there is no bias it is not possible to prove it for the stake holders. Best way is to make the bias as least and insignificent as possible.

I have carried out a verty extensive appraisal and prepared the different formats numbering 20 to fit into the large work force of 300 for a organisatiaon in Chennai having branches which has not had such an exercise for nearly 30 years. It was challenging task as consultant to understand the entire gamut of the organisation in every dimension. Because the management gave me the free hand I accomplished the same to the reasonable satisfaction and expectation of board of directors and staff.

I have prepared and carried out this performance appraisal on my own experience and the feedback from the key employees of the organisation.

If you are keen to take it as supportive tool you can send me your request.

with best wishs.

Rangarajan.
Management Information Resources Auditors.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.