Ar78
I was working for an IT firm. On 21st October I sent my resignation email to HR and manager(I was under probation). In my email I had clearly mentioned that I will not be able to serve notice period of 1 month and 21st October was my last working day, so accept my resignation. Still they deposited salary in my account for month of October. Not sure how to proceed further.
From India, Delhi
tajsateesh

Hello,

I can say Right away that you are really lucky to be working in such an Organization....that credits your last month's Salary EVEN after resigning......and that too after giving a clear unilateral Deadline of moving out.

Pl go thru the many threads/Postings in CiteHR & you will know what this means.

It directly points to the culture prevalent in this Company......a very positive one that says, by action & not just words, "WE TRUST YOU & EXPECT TO BE TRUSTED TOO".

Coming to your Resignation, what's your Notice Period, AS PER the HR Policies? Many Companies have some NP even during Probation......albeit a lower period.

And, to add, frankly, irrespective of the NP duration, one can't give any unilateral deadline that contravenes the NP guidelines/Policies--it's for BOTH the individual & the Company to arrive @ that timeline thru discussion in such situations.

If you read the many threads/Postings in CiteHR, you will realize that many Companies...including MNCs..... just play-around [at the least] OR harass the employee without relieving. The Last Month Salary is out anyway.

At the risk of being objected to, of interfering in your career steps, I would suggest you to have a relook @ your resignation & discuss with your Manager & HR of STAYING BACK......you can possibly ask for a hike to do it, to cover the rise you may getting by joining the other Company.

Any Company where such a positive culture exists is worth working for....if need be, with a few compromises along the way.

All the Best.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
saswatabanerjee

TS
Also consider the possibility that the company processes are so messed up that they don't know someone has resigned
Or that they have paid till last work day since probation may have no notice there.

From India, Mumbai
tajsateesh

"Company processes are so messed up that they don't know someone has resigned" is surely a possibility Saswata Banerjee :-)
But since it's an IT Company, I would be seriously surprised IF it were so.....at least the Payroll is expected to be automated, if not any other function.
But ''Or that they have paid till last work day since probation may have no notice there'' may not be a possibility......as the last-month Salary is linked with other aspects also & NOT just with the NP completion.
@ Ar78--
Now what's the most possible cause? You will be a better judge as you worked here.
And IF indeed Saswata Banerjee is right, I don't hesitate to take back whatever I mentioned.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
Anonymous
Hi,
I think when the u at least informed, it was the duty of Manager or HR to intimate the Payroll and move the status of the employee salary to be on hold.May be they paid for the month with taking leaves as consideration for the days u did not attend office from 21 OCT to 30 OCT.
There may be several reasons for this
1) There may be a bug and payroll team was not updated about ur status
2) They are in an assumption that you may be back and either serve notice or take back resignation
3) They either want to torture or show how good they were and u left them
4) They may want you to spend the money which they can ask later

From India, Secunderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.