View Poll Results: Who will held responsible for Attrition
Employee 49 9.35%
Boss 202 38.55%
Compensation & Job Profile 273 52.10%
Voters: 524. You may not vote on this poll

thiruhrd
Dear John,
You are correct, but please narrate about all the appraisals very brief. Please make it celar that who is involved in which appraisals. Start from 90 and end at 720.(You have not given any information about 540).
You are going to be the winner.
Thanks with Regards
Thiru

From Germany, Herzogenaurach
raajz_johnny

Dear Thiru, Greetings! I am not aware of 540 degree. Meanwhile I have enclosed an picture which give you clear picture abt 360 degree appraisal. Rgds, John N
From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpg 360-degree-performance-appraisal_343.jpg (19.3 KB, 311 views)

raajz_johnny

Dear Thiru

Greetings!

360 Degree Appraisal:

360 degree appraisal has four integral components:

1. Self appraisal

2. Superior’s appraisal

3. Subordinate’s appraisal

4. Peer appraisal.

Self appraisal gives a chance to the employee to look at his/her strengths and weaknesses, his achievements, and judge his own performance. Superior’s appraisal forms the traditional part of the 360 degree appraisal where the employees’ responsibilities and actual performance is rated by the superior.

Subordinates appraisal gives a chance to judge the employee on the parameters like communication and motivating abilities, superior’s ability to delegate the work, leadership qualities etc. Also known as internal customers, the correct feedback given by peers can help to find employees’ abilities to work in a team, co-operation and sensitivity towards others.

Self assessment is an indispensable part of 360 degree appraisals and therefore 360 degree appraisals have high employee involvement and also have the strongest impact on behavior and performance. It provides a "360-degree review" of the employees’ performance and is considered to be one of the most credible performance appraisal methods.

360 degree appraisal is also a powerful developmental tool because when conducted at regular intervals (say yearly) it helps to keep a track of the changes others’ perceptions about the employees. A 360 degree appraisal is generally found more suitable for the managers as it helps to assess their leadership and managing styles. This technique is being effectively used across the globe for performance appraisals. Some of the organizations following it are Wipro, Infosys, and Reliance Industries etc.

Rgds

John N

From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpg 360-degree-performance-appraisal_206.jpg (19.3 KB, 527 views)

thiruhrd
Dear John,
In your answer about 360 degrees you have not specified about customer/vendors feed back, where as in your second answer(picture) you have shown differently. Club both answers and narrate.
All the best.
Thiru

lavanya_april

Hi All,

I collected some info on the Topic under discussion.

Hope it will be useful.

Correct me if i am wrong.

90 degree appraisal:

Participant:

1. Superior

180 degree appraisal:

Participants:

1. Boss

2. Subordinate

270 degree appraisal:

Participants:

1. Boss

2. Subordinate

3. Peers

360 degree appraisal:

1. Multi-rater evaluation

2. Input from multiple levels within firm.

3. Focuses on skills needed across organizational boundaries

4. More objective measure of performance

5. Process more legally defensible

Participants:

1. Superiors

2. Self assessment

3. Peers

4. Subordinates

Benefits:

1. It provides the individual with an opportunity to learn how different colleagues perceive them, leading to increased self-awareness.

2. The combination of opinions can approximate to an 'accurate' view; because it involves multiple people it's much less subjective than a traditional one-on-one feedback process.

3. Comments expressed by several colleagues tend to carry weight

4. It encourages self-development.

5. It increases understanding of the behaviours required to improve personal and organisational effectiveness.

6. It promotes a more open culture where giving and receiving feedback is an accepted norm.

7. It increases communication within the organisation.

8. Done well, 360 feedback can be a very powerful development tool , it can be a powerful trigger for change.

9. Feedback can be motivating for people who undervalue themselves.

540 degree appraisal:

Participants:

1. Self assessment

2. Superior

3. Peers

4. Subordinates

5. Customers

6. Suppliers

720 degree appraisal:

More intense, personalized and greater review of upper-level managers that brings in perspective of their customers or investors, as well as subordinates.

From India, Madras
preetk

Hi Thiru,
Now the time is up. You need to announce the correct answer and the winner. I appreciate the efforts put in by Lavanya and John. In my opinion John's answer is more easily understandable and with pictorial illustrations.
Lavanya you also put in your efforts, but answer should have been short and sweet.
Anyways, Thiru pls announce the winner.
Preet

From India, Bangalore
thiruhrd
Dear All,
Lavanya has put more efforts to collect all the information. More or less Mr.John also has revealed the information. But his information about 360 is verry informative.
Now the Winner is Ms.Lavanya, Congrates, Now you can proceed for next question.
Thanks with Regards,
Thiru

thiruhrd
Dear Mr.John,
The answer given by Lavanya is convinced. I am not viewing the answers 100% accurate. But she has covered all the appraisals in brief. If you have any further information please put up your views.
Thanks
Thiru

lavanya_april

Dear Thiru,
Thanks. :D
My question is
What is an employee referral scheme?
How is it made attractive to the employees apart from providing cash benefits in the present industrial scenario?
Regards,
Lavanya

From India, Madras
preetk

Hi Thiru,
As John mentioned you need to give your answer also to compare the most appropriate answer. However, you have the right to declare the winner, and you did it. Anyways no probs.
Hi Lavanya,
Good to see your question. Kindly change the question where people can answer appropriately and in short. The current question posted by you requires brief and descriptive answer and different opinions from different people. You must be aware the similar situation with Thiru's question which is about different types of appraisals and you also posted a very long descriptive answer.
Hi All,
Try to make the questions objective type, and wherever it is required the examples or short note can be written.
Preet

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.