View Poll Results: Who will held responsible for Attrition
Employee 49 9.35%
Boss 202 38.55%
Compensation & Job Profile 273 52.10%
Voters: 524. You may not vote on this poll

lavanya_april

Dear Siva.
Its not completely a quiz. it was started to spread the knowledge about hr to ppl.
and i think its not necessary that everyone who is posting will and should know the answer. in that case, someone who is senior and who is well known to the wide topics in hr can help us do it.
This is jus my opinion.
Lavanya.
Dear John,
Sorry for mistaking your name.
Lavanya

From India, Madras
mamtapermar
hi all
i am agree with Seema point of view maslow's theory is not directly related to recruitment ,traning and all. it has more emphasis on the hierarchy of human needs which moves form basic human needs upto selfesteem and self actualization need .i think its more relate to human bahaviour towards needs satisfaction and desire.

lavanya_april

Dear all,
it is necessary that we come to a conclusion regarding the person in charge of the right answers and move further with our quiz.
Else the real use of starting this one wil be lost.
Hope U ppl will agree with this.
Friendly,
Lavanya.

From India, Madras
preetk

Hi all,
I totally go with the opinion by Lavanya. This is to spread the knowledge about HR topics. No more further discussions on this. Again people are talking about the closed questions. Please answer the current question.
Don't post the question which needs a vague answers(ex: Difference between HR & PM )
Let it be short and sweet, and wherever is required few lines of explanation can be given.
The poll get closed today evening (I hope so) Dipika you can proceed with next question.
Preet

From India, Bangalore
thiruhrd
Dear Preet,
You need to keep some time bound to put the question to the forum. It is delayed a lot........?????? Or can we proceed with some other question who may be ready with please.
This is only my suggession
Thanks with Regards,
Thiru

From Germany, Herzogenaurach
preetk

Hi Thiru,
I have already fixed the deadline to post the question as 12PM (in some times extended upto 2PM) everyday. For the question posted on Friday, the time limit is till Monday 12PM.
But the people who have been announced as winner are delaying in posting the question. I already asked Dipika to post the question, but till now no response.
Anyways, we need to continue, you can post the question.
Preet

From India, Bangalore
thiruhrd
Dear Preet,
I am taking it granted to post the question.
Differentiate between 90,180, 270, 360, 540 and 720 degrees appraisal system followed in the industry?? Explain in brief the people involved with benefits.
Thanks with Regards,
Thiru

From Germany, Herzogenaurach
raajz_johnny

Dear Thiru

Greetings!

360 Degree Appraisal:

360 degree appraisal has four integral components:

1. Self appraisal

2. Superior’s appraisal

3. Subordinate’s appraisal

4. Peer appraisal.

Self appraisal gives a chance to the employee to look at his/her strengths and weaknesses, his achievements, and judge his own performance. Superior’s appraisal forms the traditional part of the 360 degree appraisal where the employees’ responsibilities and actual performance is rated by the superior.

Subordinates appraisal gives a chance to judge the employee on the parameters like communication and motivating abilities, superior’s ability to delegate the work, leadership qualities etc. Also known as internal customers, the correct feedback given by peers can help to find employees’ abilities to work in a team, co-operation and sensitivity towards others.

Self assessment is an indispensable part of 360 degree appraisals and therefore 360 degree appraisals have high employee involvement and also have the strongest impact on behavior and performance. It provides a "360-degree review" of the employees’ performance and is considered to be one of the most credible performance appraisal methods.

360 degree appraisal is also a powerful developmental tool because when conducted at regular intervals (say yearly) it helps to keep a track of the changes others’ perceptions about the employees. A 360 degree appraisal is generally found more suitable for the managers as it helps to assess their leadership and managing styles. This technique is being effectively used across the globe for performance appraisals. Some of the organizations following it are Wipro, Infosys, and Reliance Industries etc.

720 Degree Appraisal System:

the understanding about 720 degree feedback is very very murky.

different people define it in different ways.

1. Dave Ulrich (who is a major HR guru in the US) says when you gather

feedback from people outside the company, it is 720 degree feedback. his

article in which he makes this point is attached.

2. Clark Wilson (who is a consultant and has copyrighted the term '720

degree feedback') uses it to mean repeating the 360 degree process more

than once so that you can measure progress.

3. TV Rao (Indian HR guru) says 360 degree is assessing a person as he/she is, using multiple raters. 720 degree feedback is when you assess potential as well, again using multiple raters.

Rgds,

John N

From India, Madras
preetk

Hi John, Very good answer. I think your answer is more appropriate. Let us wait till tomorrow 11.30. Thiru will declare the winner by tomorrow by 12PM. Preet
From India, Bangalore
raajz_johnny

Dear preet
Greetings!
Thanks n Welcome.
Dear Thiru
Greetings!
180 Degree Appraisal System:
180¢ª Appraisal extends the traditional appraisal process to make the feedback process two-way.
Feedback from team members can be provided to their line manager on a one-to-one basis during the individual¡¯s appraisal discussion, or it can be collated and presented as group feedback from all team members.
Rgds,
John N

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.