v.harikrishnan

Dear Mr.Manish Gadre

Please read my post again and specifically the last sentence. My last sentence in my last post reads as "Therefore my view is that both work contract and labour contract are covered by the provisions of the Contract Labour(Regulation and Abolition) Act, subject of course to the other conditions of the CLRA Act." Moreover the CLRA Act does not refer to "work contract" or "labour contract". The issue is whether a "work contract" and a "work contractor" can come within the purview of the CLRA Act or not. In such a discussion the fundamental premise is that the other conditions specified under the CLRA Act had been met or have to be met. So when I made my last post I was fully aware about the requirements for the applicability of the CLRA Act. Incidentally, the first sentence in your post reads as "I feel that this Act applies to every establishment where 20 or more than 20 workmen are employed". This statement of yours is at variance with the provisions of the CLRA Act.

With regards

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.