nsbalajirao
Hi friends
Suppose a contract employee working in a govt. sector in an educational institute. they are giving 1 casual leave in a month. one of my friend joined in that institution in the month of October2009. he has not utilized casual leave from that day onwards to till date. all of a sudden my friend got medical emergency at home. he took the permission from the institute and attended the emergency and it took 5 days. the institution head is telling that from jan 2010 to march 2010 you have only 3 casual leaves and for rest of the 2 days they have deducted the salary. His argument is from october to till date he has not utilized a single leave. Institutions argument is last year leaves are not applicable to this year .whether there is any rule like this or how to get the correct rule position...pls suggest him.

From India, Visakhapatnam
vigsysjesu

Leaves will be credited in the month of Jan. (Jan to Dec). Though your friend has joined in Oct 2009, his eligible leave for three months (i.e 2 days) will lapse in the month of Dec.Some of the companies, encash the leaves, but some not. So The management will consider the leaves from jan to march only (i.e 3 days ). If there is EL, it will be carried over to the next year.
From India, Madras
sivadasanvasu

The reply of Vigsysjesu is right. There is no privso in Government Sector either to carry over Casual Leaves to next year or to encash. Unavailed casual leaves of previous year, if any, will be lapsed automatically.
On above ground, the Institute had granted only 3 days leave ( 1 each for Jan. Feb. & Mar)to your friend.
Regards,
Sivadasan

From India, Udaipur
chvs81
Hi
My prevoius employer follows the financial year and not the calander year. Can any one let me know if an employer has to strictly follow calander year or financial year with regards to leaves? or is it an optional?
Thank you
Vijaya

From India, Hyderabad
R.N.Khola

Dear Vijaya,
If the leaves are granted as per any of the specific Act applicable to the establishment then we are to adhere to the calendar/ financial year whichever is written in the Act itself.
With Regards,
R.N.Khola

From India, Delhi
jsnadar

I hope it is very much clear from the first answer itself that generally, calendar year (Jan to Dec) is followed for the purpose of calculating/crediting leaves applicable to the employees. EL can be carried forward but Casual Leaves & Sick Leaves get lapsed after Dec each year, if there is any balance. So, in your friend's case, his employer is very much right.
Regards,
(Jagdish S. Nadar)
Asst. Manager HR
Nuberg Engg. Ltd.
+91 9313490613

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.