marise.lobo
Is it legal to make a provision for employees to have to resign if their spouses join a competitor firm? Does anyone know any examples of companies that do this / make a provision for this?
From India, Mumbai
K.Ravi PART II

Most bakwaas idea I have ever heard, what is the tab to keep on these things, if I tell my spouse is housewife, and she works with competitor forum, then what will you do, tell me and if you cant reply, then BETTER GIVE UP
From India, Pune
rajnigopal
I have come across cases where if both the spouses are working for competitors in an industry where confidentiality is the key, then in such cases on moral grounds one of them moves to a different account so that there are no vested interests. I guess it finally boils down to ones integrity and commitment to the work. Hope that helped.
Regards

From India, Hyderabad
rameshbashyam@yahoo.com

it depends on the perception. generally companies and in some cases the spouses need to take a call. it is advisable that they do not work in competitor's place. but you cannot stop some one from working under a competitor unless the person involved in is handling sensitive information
ramesh

From India, Madras
White Eagle

Dear marise.lobo,
It is not advisable to make such provision. It will be discrementory and how can you terminate/Resign any person on ground that his spouse is working with competitor. If confidentiality is the issue then why only spouse, why not father,mother and brother? Who will define competitors, all industry is your competitor?( Ex. If you work in XYZ insurance co. all other insurance co. will become your competitor)
It is advisable to not put these sort of policies in black & white, take care while hiring.

From India, Hyderabad
mksharma63

HR has to play an important role here while interviewing the candidate and doing reference / back ground check. We have had few instances when during the interview deserving candidate we learnt that spouse is working with competitor. We both were honest to each other we explained to candidate that despite we find him/ her suitable we may not select her/ him for this reason. The candidate also accepted sportingly. Good thing is we are in touch with each other as a person even today.
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.