anil.arora

“Lack of Motivation and Commitment at work” one of the greatest challenges for Organisation today in particularly for the HR Functions, is to create and maintain a motivated and committed workforce. We at this place almost daily found ourselves discussing on the following

-How to motivate employees

-Laws of Motivation

-Frequent change in employment

-Resignation & Notice Period

-How to Improves level of efficiency of employees

-Employee Engagement

-Talent Acquisition

and many more related topic/issues that are actually having the main concern of “Lack of Motivation and Commitment at Work” many how, and reasoned for high attrition rate that always bother us a lot.

Most of time, we see the biggest problem is Lack of Confidence & Motivation and the frequent change in job by the employees, and especially with the new employees/fresher /candidates who just have started their career and entering in professional life and are actually in need of Motivation.

We all know how important this is for HR Personnel to maintain the Motivated and Committed Employees and their performance at work. Stability of workforce is very important from the point of view of reputation and goodwill of a concern. The skills and efficiency of employees will always be of advantage to employer as well as employees. This will lead to a good public image in the market, which will attract competent and qualified people into a concern. What I believe is that our old employees which suffices with the role of motivation here, the older the people, more the experience and their adjustment into a concern which can be of benefit to the enterprise, therefore the Motivated and Committed old Employees their adjustment into a concern which can be of benefit to the enterprise.

Many time when we speaks about high attrition and reasons of resignations, we started looking for “why and where HR function is lacking in this regard?” but how “Lack of Motivation of Employees” plays a role and bothers us, is the biggest problem I believe. We cant only blame our competitors for offering high salaries & extra perks that attracts employees and the gap between these two levels as far as knowledge, skill & attitude, therefore, im here to discuss “how to handle this problem?”

We knows, the more motivated the employees are, the more empowered the team is and the more is the team work and individual employee contribution, more profitable and successful is the business. Motivation will lead to an optimistic and challenging attitude at work place that is important for us.

This topic and discussion is a part of my research (Phd) that im working on these days. I understand it is an important thing for all of us. So today, I wanted to share this with you all. I found something while my research that most of people are, no doubt worried about it and taking actions, but are not focused/ serious with it.

Few of my questions can clear to you what Im intended to say and come with the concern

-What are we doing in this regard?

-How many of you are sincerely running with program to Motivate Employees and taking care of this seriously?

I seriously want to know,

-How many of you have done with it and when feels like to go for this program and why?

-What are best solutions of this problem and

-how Classical theories of Motivation, Maslow and Herzberg’s theory of Motivation, and other Modern theories of Motivation works and you are working with

What do you believe is the best, practical and good solutions and you are working with.

I will be highly obliged to have your views on this.

Warm Regards

From India, Gurgaon
ad682005

Hello,

In my experience, motivation is a responsibility of all individuals and not just HR. HR can lay a facilitating role by reviewing comp & ben, rewards & recognition schemes, org structure, HR policies etc.

In terms of direct motivating effect, the most crucial role is that of the reporting manager/supervisor of the employee.

Sucking the meaning out of work is surprisingly easy. If you are a manager who really wants to demotivate your employees, destroy teir work in front of their eyes. Or, if you want to be a little subtler about it, just ignore them and their efforts.

On the other hand, if you want to motivate people working with you and for you, it woud be useful to pay attention to them, their effort, and the fruits of their labor.

All the motivation theories you mentioned suffer from a limitation in the sense that while the theories are great, organizations usually struggle with implementing practices befitting those theories. The challenge is either for the organization to find a model to implement these theories or if they have the resources, then employ HR consulting firms for the same.

One of the areas you could look at is the field of behavioral economics being researched in the US & Israel. The field of behavioral economics along with NLP offer models which can be implemented and research now proves how these implement models actually complement the traditional theories.

All the best.

Best regards,

- Anil

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.