flasher

I received a project in which payment terms is mentioned as 45 days PDC. But I don’t know what is the meaning of PDC. And also please tell me what is the meaning of Duty exempted order and Exworks.
From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
tajsateesh

Hello flasher,
PDC: Post-Dated Cheque, which means you get the payment with a future date than when the payment is due--usually adopted by companies when they either have a funds crunch or when they want to postpone their cash outflow to a later date. You can encash the cheque only AFTER the date mentioned on the cheque. 45 days PDC means 45 days AFTER the delivery or payment becoming due.
Duty-exempted Order: usually given by Govt-related organizations/departments or govt-related Orders released by private entities, since such Orders have exemptions as per law.
Ex-works: means the pricing is calculated when the material/order LEAVES the Works/Factory. So transport costs, transit insurance & such costs are EXTRA.
Hope this helps.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
flasher

hello, PDC s meaning is Post Dated cheque, that i also know. come on friend i asked the meaning not the full form. May be you must have taken my question wrong.
flasher

dear Friend, i understood what is the meaning of Post Dated cheque. but i could nt understand what you have mentioned about Exworks and duty exempted. could you explain more
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.