padmanabha gudi
principal employer is not registered under regulation and abolition act 1970. is he eligible to call tender with this condition?

umakanthan53

Dear PADMANABHA,
Tender is an invitation to offer under the Indian Contract Act. Therefore, registration as principal employer under the CLRA Act,1970 can not be a qualifying factor for calling for tenders.To understand the correctness of my above answer for your query, you may refer to sections 1(4), 2(1)(b), 2(1)(c), 2(1)(e) and 2(1)(i) of the CLRA Act,1970 throwing light on the application of the Act, definitions of the terms contract labour, contractor, establishment and workman respectively. Likewise, you may also refer to sec.7 of the Act dealing with registration of establishments to which the Act stands applicable and Sec.9 dealing with the effect of non-registration.

From India, Salem
anandk2792

As per my understanding of the act, the act would apply to any Principal Emplloyer who employ more than 20 workmen. So if the contract would require less than 20 workmen, the PE need not be registered under CLRA.
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.