No Tags Found!

asudhir17

Dear All,
I agree with Mr. PON.
As I take care of varipous civil projects, I know some of the methods.
First of all the Design of the building: This starts from checking the soil condition (Strata)
Secondly the Design with actor of Safety. Then quality of Material used. Workmenship and the Inprocess checks.
After every stage the structural engineer has to visit the site.
Avoiding such incidences is sole responsibility of Owner / builder.
Government agencies will be in picture only after the accident takes place.
For such constructions BOCW act shall be applicable.
I remember in Bhuj Gujrat on 26th Jan 2000 (or 2001) many buildings collapsed there by killing lot of school children who were on the march on Republic day. The structural Engineers were held for poor design and later punished.
I could visit this site after a very long period & happy to contribute after a long time.
Thanks & Regards,
Sudhir

From India, Nasik
raghuvaran chakkaravarthy

SPECIAL INVESTIGATION TEAM (SIT) OF CHENANI CITY POLICE PROBE THE COLLAPSE OF ELEVEN STOREYED BUILDING AT MOULIVAKKAM

The Hon’ble Chief Minister announced for constitution of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) in Chennai City Police, to investigate the collapse of eleven storeyed building under construction at Moulivakkam, near Porur on 28.6.2014. Accordingly, a Special Investigation Team headed by Sridhar, IPS, Joint Commissioner of Police, North Zone has been constituted and it is functioning under the direct supervision of George, IPS., Commissioner of Police, Greater Chennai.

The investigation of this case involves complex engineering and architectural issues, in which the guidance of the experts are required by the investigators. Considering the gravity of the case and need for the experts’ advice, experts in the field like Structural Engineering, Architectural and Soil Mechanic drawn from Indian Institute of Technology, Anna University and other academic institutions as well as officials from Public Works Departments and related departments have been included.

So far eight persons including the Managing Director of the construction firm, Architect and Structural Engineer have been arrested in this case.

Source: Internet.

From United States, Fpo
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.