No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Need help. I joined a company on 30 May 2022 virtually and I left the company on 03-June-2022 by informing the manager on call and explained the situation why I am not able to continue, and he consider it. Never I went to office did not receive any id card, laptop...or any other asset.

I have never shared any signed appointment letter, basically I did not share any signed document with the employer. Even my salary account was not opened. During the offer release I shared the pay slips, UAN number, PAN card, Aadhar details and accepted the offer in mail. I left the company because of my personal reasons and the conditions mentioned in appointment letter. I received the appointment letter on my personal mail ID on 3rd July when I sent mail to HR and manager.

During this period, I communicated 1-2 times with my manager from personal mail ID about I would not be able to come to office this week because of some personal reasons.

I joined the other company on 6th June and hide all the details with my current employer.

On 7th June I got the call from HR to send a mail about resignation.

Then on 7th June I informed the HR, manager by sending the email by personal email id. On the same day after sending the mail I got the call from HR and explained the situation. She was able to understand the situation.

Again after 2-3 days I got the call about exit formalities I explained them I am not looking for any salary and other benefits then she told me backend team may mark you absconded. But after that I did not hear anything.

But later on, I have observed that employer has created the EPF (transferred the amount for 2 days May, and 7 days for June and no further transactions). After few months I have observed that in 26AS form mention that they paid me salary for months May and June. But in actual I did not receive any salary. May months paid amount I observed as they mentioned it is more than a month salary if I divide the offer letter amount/12. For June also they are showing more amount. But in actual I did not receive any salary.

Please help me on this how to handle the ITR things properly, I did not contact the company anymore. Shall I connect the employer again to correct the things accordingly because I did not receive any salary at all, and they have mentioned the excess amount (about 5-6 times the salary details mentioned in offer letter) in 26AS what supposed to pay as per the offer letter for number of days I was there.

Please guide me on this.

From India, Bengaluru
alok-singh1

Hello,
In reference to the above as you have mentioned clearly that your PF Contribution Received but related months salary not yet received and you are looking to get it, But Remember one thing that you have not serve any notice period and your clearance process is also not yet completed/still pending.
Once you will communicate with the HR/Employer they will ask you to complete your clearance process and after that they will Deduct the notice period amount from your salary and if amount exceeded they will sent recovery letter to deposit the Recoverable amount for further processing.
Further...It is the responsibility of the employer to deposit the amount deducted towards Employees Provident Fund in the employee's PF account every month. According to the existing Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) rules,PF is a another part Employer cant recover any recovery amount from PF.

Anonymous
Thanks, Sir, for reply.
I am not looking for any salary, actually on 26AS income tax website showing they have paid me the month salary like Rs. xyz amount. Now it is coming as income, then I have to pay the tax when filling ITR.

In 26AS form it is showing big amount they paid me.

Suppose in offer letter they mentioned as
1)1000000.00 Rs. annual salary and
2)100000.00 Rs joining bonus would be paid after 60 days of joining it was in discussion with HR during offer processing. In offer letter they mentioned about joining bonus no terms and conditions are mentioned about bonus.

I was there 9 days including Sat and Sun.

9 days total amount would be around (1000000*9)/365 = 24,657 Rs.

But on incometax website showing like they paid around 125000 Rs. for 9 days. How it can be possible?
Are they showing they paid me bonus as well?

Actually, I am worried about ITR filling.

From India, Bengaluru
Anonymous
Thanks, Sir, for reply.
I am not looking for any salary, actually on 26AS income tax website showing they have paid me the month salary like Rs. xyz amount. Now it is coming as income, then I have to pay the tax when filling ITR.

In 26AS form it is showing big amount they paid me.

Suppose in offer letter they mentioned as
1)1000000.00 Rs. annual salary and
2)100000.00 Rs joining bonus would be paid after 60 days of joining it was in discussion with HR during offer processing. In offer letter they mentioned about joining bonus no terms and conditions are mentioned about bonus.

I was there 9 days including Sat and Sun.

9 days total amount would be around (1000000*9)/365 = 24,657 Rs.

But on incometax website showing like they paid around 125000 Rs. for 9 days. How it can be possible?
Are they showing they paid me bonus as well?

In actual I have not received any salary and even I am not interested but employer is showing on 26AS they paid me approx. 125000 Rs. in 9 days.

Actually, I am worried about ITR filling.

From India, Bengaluru
KK!HR

Since the previous employer has shown the salary as paid to you in 26 AS, the IT Dept. will reckon it as salary paid to you. So, this amount will get added to your earnings and accordingly Income Tax is payable by you for this year. Probably, the employer's sweet revenge as it looks to me. Unless the employer revises the 26AS data, there is no escape from this liability.
From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
KK!HR @ Thanks Sir for reply.

Actually, Sir in the offer letter employer did not disclose all the conditions like notice period...etc. I got to know all the terms and conditions when I received the appointment letter after joining the job virtually. I believe appointment letter they intentionally released after joining. As soon as I received the appointment letter, I informed them I could not accept terms and conditions and leaving. I did not share any signed documents like offer letter or appointment letter.

Still, I have to follow their terms and conditions.

From India, Bengaluru
Anonymous
KK!HR @ Thanks Sir for reply.

Actually, Sir in the offer letter employer did not disclose all the conditions like notice period...etc. I got to know all the terms and conditions when I received the appointment letter after joining the job virtually. I believe appointment letter they intentionally released after joining. As soon as I received the appointment letter, I informed them I could not accept terms and conditions and leaving. I did not share any signed documents like offer letter or appointment letter.

Shall I connect the employer by personal mail-id to correct the 26AS or it may lead some other problem?

Please suggest.

From India, Bengaluru
Anonymous

Shall I connect the employer by personal mail-id to correct the 26AS or it may lead some other problem?

Please suggest.

From India, Bengaluru
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.