Anonymous
Hello, I have been interviewed by one company and asking me to submit my personal document before they send me an offer letter.
Need help to understand if it is safe to submit documents like PAN, AADHAAR CARD, Address Proof, and bank details etc.

From India, Mumbai
drsivaglobalhr

Dear Colleague,
Normally all companies will ask for address proof, ID proof, PAN, Education, Experience documents once the candidate is selected. They may ask Xerox copies or they may ask you to post in their portal by uploading. This is a normal procedure but do not hand over Original Documents any where to any one for various reasons.

You may show originals for verification if they insists and get it back at the same time immediately. But never hand over or deposit original to any one. Keep it in your custody only. There are large difficulties experience by many candidates in the event of loss of certificates.
Take Care
Dr.P.SIVAKUMAR
Doctor Siva Global HR
Tamil Nadu

From India, Chennai
saswatabanerjee

It is a little strange for them to ask you for these documents before giving an offer letter.

Aadhar Card, they may ask as it has proof of your ID and address.
The rest, I am not sure why having PAN Card is that critical to them or why they need your bank details before you join.

If the company is a well known one, then you may do it, if not, you need to take a call. It is (to my knowledge) not normal to ask for these before you join.

More than anything else, the Bank Account details worry me.

From India, Mumbai
bijay_majumdar

All original documents are your own property. Companies can ask for verification purpose only. Pls do not submit originals.
From India, Vadodara
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.