No Tags Found!

anil-saini1

Hello,
I got in a situation where i joined 1 company and found it not a right place for me and my career growth, I was having another better opportunity with other company. I signed Appointment letter on first day and my probation period started from that day. When I came back home, I was unable to convince myself that I can work there anymore. On second day I called my manager and explained him that I am not willing to continue. After a discussion when he came to know that i will not be continuing he disconnected the phone. After few hours I got messages from HR on whatsapp in which they wrote that they will take legal action against me. They hired me for a senior position for their upcoming project. I replied them saying like I cannot work at a place where I am not willing to. Later on I dropped an email explaining that why I cant continue with the job. As this was my fault and I know that company might loose the client I asked them that I can come for next 5 days(including Saturday and Sunday) and will help them in new recruitment and will continue the project work which started on my first day of joining. But as this was also discussed over the call with HR she just wanted me to serve 30 days notice in my probation else they will take legal action against me and cover their losses of project from me. Same thing I got in response from HR over the email. Please suggest me that can a company claim this from me? I cannot pay 1000's of dollars to them. I have to start my new job from Monday and cannot serve them 30 days of notice.
I signed Appointment letter, background check document, confidentiality document, EPF form.

From India, Delhi
nathrao

"When I came back home, I was unable to convince myself that I can work there anymore."
What exactly made you change your mind so quickly?
"They hired me for a senior position for their upcoming project. "
Higher the level of post, more is the maturity level required and snap decisions to be avoided.
You have put yourself into a difficult situation by a vacillating mind.
The company is on strong ground to question you and seek to take action.They may not waste their time fighting a legal battle, but your actions of joining and then stopping work from 2nd day and joining somewhere else is an avoidable act.
Please consult a local lawyer who is well versed in labour law and seek his advice.
One must understand that HR has to work hard to recruit and time is money.
Besides the project can be delayed due to sudden exit.
Company will have to answer their clients also.One cannot think only in terms of personal convenience.

From India, Pune
anil-saini1

@Nathrao - Hello, I am an experienced professional and this is my 3rd company. My first company was very small and because of that there was tremendous work pressure on me, I have to work 12-16 hrs daily to meet my boss's expectation. Due to this I changed my company after 5 years and joined somewhere which was bigger, here also after sometime I found same problem hence again I thought to switch after 2 years. Now I joined this company which looked bigger then my current company but when I joined on 1st day I came to know that there are only few developers and I was alone in my team rest were sales executives or customer support guys. They told me that they gonna hire 2 more juniors under me but there was no one else other than that. Generally there can be a single guy or 2-3 guys in a project but as complete team their must be enough guys around you working on different projects. Also the work timings were 2 to 11 pm which I found very awkward and disturbing my work life balance and soon I will get married. I wanted top change my job as I wanted to grow my career but here after my 1st day i felt that I again joined a company which will make my life hell.
From India, Delhi
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear colleague,
You seeking advice for your own wrong doings.
The problem is not with the companies but your uncompromising job hopping attitude which is creating hell for you.
Please take some time and introspect and correct yourself before coming to this forum for advice.
Regards,
Vinayak Nagarkar
Hr-consultant

From India, Mumbai
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Dear Friend,
On strength of you posting & information provided, there is no option other than serving 30 day notice. You are well aware of the cost of compensation towards your abandonment of job is 1000 dollar.
The terms and conditions of the appoinment letter, its interpretation in line of your resiganation can only led a way.
You consult a good lawyer to determine future action.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.