rajendra-verma1
Sir, I run a proprietary Trading firm with 12 employees am I liable to deduct PF from the salary paid to staff?
From India, Ahmedabad
drsivaglobalhr

Dear Colleague,
There are 2 main criterions to be fulfilled :

(a) to every establishment which is a factory engaged in any industry specified in Schedule I and
in which [twenty] or more persons are employed, and ( FACTORIES)

(b) to any other establishment employing [twenty] or more persons or class of such
establishments which the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify in this behalf: ( FIRMS LIKE YOURS)

Hence you need to have a check on the preconditions and then move for coverage. As long as you are not meeting the criteria then stay away from coverage. However if you have employees who are already covered under PF and joined with you, you may need to go for voluntary coverage as you need to cover these employees into PF as per the requirements. You may consult your PF Enforcement Officer and then move on this for more clarity.

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.