Gurdeepwalia
Dear sir/mam,
I work in a company and the management is asking for my resignation by putting false allegations on me. Do managers have such powers to put any kind of allegations and throw out employees at will?
Thanks & best regards.

From India, Nabha
umakanthan53

Dear Gurdeepwalia,

Every superior does have the ability to make or mar the career of his/her subordinates by virtue of the administrative powers vested in him/her and the positional advantage of being superior in the organisational hierarchy. A manager's primary responsibility is to get things done through the subordinate employees under him and not to offer explanations for their lapses and failure. A consistantly inefficient employee would be a dead stock and as such his/her continuation in the organisation can not be tolerated by any prudent manager. In stead of sending out an incorrigible employee on disciplinary grounds, at times managements may ask such employee to resign under some pretext or other. So, always no smoke without fire. Do have some self-introspection. However, my above observation does not mean that all managers are above board. If you have sufficient and strong evidence to prove that the allegations against you are false and fabricated, you can fight back in stead of meekly resigning.It depends.

From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.