babu_sauran

Dear Seniors,
Need a clear clarification on the benefits of women who is under maternity act,we follow giving full salary as they get in ordinary days, but I need the clarity of what is the actual monetary benfit, I Have heard that only basic must be given, please clarify.
Thanks
senthil.

From India, Madras
Harsh Kumar Mehta

1. Sir, The term "average daily wage" has been defined under section 5 and the term what constitute "wages" has been explained under section 2(3) of the Maternity Benefit Act, 1961.
2. I hope, you will go through the provisions of above Act and decide the issues relating to payment of maternity benefit to the female employees properly as per provisions of said Act instead of on the basis what you have "heard".

From India, Noida
Madhu.T.K

During the maternity leave days, the employee should be paid salary equal to what she was getting immediately preceding her leave days. That is, she is entitled to that salary if she had taken PL or CL during these days. Naturally, one who is on PL/CL will be getting full salary and not basic salary only. Salary for this purpose also is excluding any such allowance which is paid proportionate to attendance.
In addition to maternity leave with salary for 84 days, she is to be paid Rs 3500 as medical bonus if she is not provided with any prenatal or post natal care by the company. Please note that this medical bonus is a lumpsum amount and not per month.
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.