neha1mini

Kindly explain what would this penalty mean \" Reduction by four stages in a time scale of pay for a period of 4 years with further instruction that that during such period he will not earn increments of pay during the period of such reductions and it will have impact on posponing the future increment of pay\"
my doubt is are the four increments lost for ever? on completion of 4 years of penalty will the pay be restord by 4 increments(no annual increment earned during 4 years of penalty but will reduced 4 increment be restored?

From India, Hyderabad
Madhu.T.K

On completion of 4 years only the employee will start earning increments. That means on fifth year he will get one increment and again in the next year he will get one increment and finally after 8th year he will reach the salary stage where he was at the time the penalty was awarded to him.
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
gopinath varahamurthi

Dear Neha,
Reduction by four stages is a stringent penalty, please go through the correct inquiry and the final orders passed, because, after reducing by four stages the punishment should be revoked and the status quo maintained otherwise the punishment become cumulative and that is harsh on an employee. If, at the retirement stage it will found too harsh and such penalty will not give good of the organisation and officer who penalised the employee.
best of luck ...

From India, Arcot
kishorkulkarni

On reading the facts, I have doubts in mind. Looking to the nature of penalty stated in the Post, I think there appears a 2-way penalty is imposed. 1. Reduction in time scale by 4 stages for 4 years and 2. Non payment of annual increments during those 4 years. Thus, there appears 2 types of punishments- reduction in time-scale and stoppage of increments both for 4 years. This is something which I have not understood.
From India, Kolhapur
umakanthan53

I endorse the view of Mr.Kulkarni that this is a case of double punishment. Stoppage of next four annual increments with or without cumulative effect is the first part of the punishment. Reduction in the time-scale of pay by four stages is the second part. After the expiry of the period of punishment i.e on the fifth year his pay would be restored to the original stage before the punishment. So, it can be appealed.
From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.