nandesari

If the employee wants to contibute more than his deduction than the employer has to contribute same as the employee..?
for expample- if "X'" employees basic salary is 10,000/- per month and if he wants to contribute 1200/- so the employer has to contribute for teh same or it is fixed on ceiling amont i.e-780/-..

From India, Vadodara
varghesemathew

The employer also can contribute Rs1200/- if he is willing.If not he need to contribute only Rs780/-plus Adm charges for 10000/- and EDLI,Edl;i adm charges for 6500/- Varghese Mathew
From India, Thiruvananthapuram

Dear nandesari,
There are two distinctive category of employee (i) where a person is enrolled as a member of the Provident Fund,when he was drawing salary less than Rs 6500/- but subsequently his salary exceeds Rs 6500/-. In that case he will continue to be member of the Provident Fund all the times but the employer has an option to restrict his contribution to the Fund on the amount payable on Rs 6500/-per month.Thus the contribution beyond Rs 6500/-is at the discretion of the employer but once he extends the benefits he can not withdraw the same at a later stage.
In the second category a person appointed on salary exceeding Rs 6500/- and has not been a member of the Fund earlier,will not be liable for the benefits of the scheme under the Provident Fund since he will be termed as 'Excluded employee'.Of course,if the employer and employee both agree, there is no bar in enrolling an employee as an member under the Provident Fund.
BS Kalsi
Member since Aug 2011

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.