No Tags Found!

vinaynairk
Please let me have the Role Related Skill and Competency Framework for Construction Organization. Would appreciate your great support.
From India, New Delhi
aussiejohn

Members of this forum need a lot more information than you have provided. Construction is a wide ranging term and has many different facets.

What are you using now to recruit staff and measure their performance in terms of skills and competency? You need to build on the information you already have. Also talk to industry groups within your construction sector who can advise you and will have documentation on various roles within the industry, and also the appropriate competency standards. Making better use of industry standards will be much better than any unsourced and inaccurate stuff that might be posted here as a result of using AI tools such as ChatGPT.

From Australia, Melbourne
raghunath_bv

Dear Vinay,

Developing a comprehensive Role-Related Skill and Competency Framework for a Construction Organization involves identifying the key skills and competencies required for various roles within the organization. Below is a general framework that you can use as a starting point. Keep in mind that the specific skills and competencies may vary based on the nature of your construction projects, the organizational structure, and the roles within your company. This framework can be customized to fit your organization's unique needs.

Construction Project Manager

Project Management:
Planning and scheduling
Budgeting and cost control

Risk management
Quality management
Communication:

Stakeholder communication
Team communication
Conflict resolution
Negotiation skills
Technical Knowledge:
Construction methodologies
Building codes and regulations
Safety protocols
Construction technology

Leadership:
Team leadership
Decision-making
Problem-solving
Motivation and delegation

Contract Management:
Contract negotiation
Contract administration
Claims management
Collaboration:

Coordination with architects and engineers
Interaction with subcontractors
Client relationship management
Site Engineer

Technical Proficiency:
Construction drawings interpretation
Surveying and layout
Materials and methods knowledge
Quality assurance
Safety Compliance:

Knowledge of safety regulations
Implementation of safety protocols
Emergency response
Problem Solving:

Troubleshooting on-site issues
Adapting to unexpected challenges
Decision-making in real-time
Communication:

Coordination with project manager
Daily reporting
Subcontractor communication
Teamwork:

Collaboration with other site staff
Support for subcontractors
Relationship building
Quantity Surveyor
Cost Estimation:

Quantity take-offs
Cost analysis
Budgeting
Data Analysis:

Analyzing project data
Cost forecasting
Variance analysis
Contract Administration:

Contractual knowledge
Change order management
Payment certification
Attention to Detail:

Accuracy in quantity surveying
Identifying cost-saving opportunities
Risk assessment
Negotiation Skills:

Vendor negotiations
Subcontractor agreements
Dispute resolution
Health and Safety Officer
Regulatory Compliance:

Knowledge of health and safety regulations
Implementation of safety policies
Reporting and documentation
Risk Assessment:

Identifying potential hazards
Conducting risk assessments
Recommending safety measures
Training and Awareness:

Employee training programs
Safety awareness campaigns
Toolbox talks
Emergency Response:

Developing emergency plans
Coordinating drills
First aid and CPR certification
Communication:

Safety meetings
Incident reporting
Collaboration with project teams
This framework serves as a foundation, and you should adapt it based on the specific needs and characteristics of your construction organization. Regularly reviewing and updating the framework ensures that it stays relevant as the industry and your organization evolve.

Regards

From India, Bangalore
raghunath_bv

Mr. John.
I have not seen any of your postings on HR related topics or suggestions to the questions raised in this forum except for criticising the latest technology.Can you write your opinion in this forum about what is accurate and best mode of suggestion for the clarification raised by Mr. Vinay Nairk, I would appreciate your knowledge and skill in the matter,
Thanks,

From India, Bangalore
aussiejohn

Dr. Raghunath,

Read my post and you will see the advice I gave the OP.

To validate your post, please provide all the sources of the material quoted so that CiteHR members can evaluate the accuracy and applicability to their individual situations.

raghunath_bv

Hi John,
Please note here that my point of view is to provide authentic solutions to the person who has raised querry and I do not have to satisfy you and your members. Also, note that I am doing an Honorary service here and I don't need your certificate, since I am very well qualified and seasoned HR Professional.
You understand.
Thanks

From India, Bangalore
aussiejohn

1. ChatGPT answers to questions are not authentic as the material gives no sources for its answers. ChatGPT is well known for being inaccurate and also for making things up. I belong to several AI groups and I am closely following the development of this tool, so am well acquainted with its shortcomings. The members of this forum are looking to tap in to the group expertise. You claim to be a HR professional so give us your personal knowledge gained through your day to day work in HR. That is what members need, i.e. on-the-ground, real world experience.

Also note what the owner of this website states regarding replies. The key points are YOUR KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE.

"If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to share your experience - please add your views using the reply box below."

2. I am not asking you to satisfy me. I am irrelevant in this equation. A quote from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology re discussions: "Criticize ideas, not individuals. We all can learn something from each other, even if your views don't necessarily align. Avoid blame, speculation, and inflammatory language. Allow everyone the chance to speak."

3. The members of this forum ARE NOT my members. They are every person who has joined, reads and participates in CiteHR.

4. Every person who posts an reply or a comment to a question on CiteHR does so on an HONORARY basis. Nobody gets paid, and there is no ELITE or SPECIAL group of people here. We are all working, or in some cases, retired HR practitioners and we all give our time and knowledge freely to everyone.

Please confine any further comments solely to the topic under discussion, or I will close the thread. Irrelevant commentary is neither productive or helpful to the group or the OP.

raghunath_bv

HI John,
By the By what is your qualification, your replies to the point are totally irrelevant, and I am of the hope you do not have the subject knowledge is the crux of the issue.You being a business man wants draw people from this form for your business that is my conclusion and postings of people like us could be hampering your business.
Send me the details of the type of HR Training conducted by Avanti Training services for me to analyse the quality of training you provide.
Other than criticising other man's work your organization doesn't appear to be an professional and not a recognised one.
Thanks

From India, Bangalore
NK SUNDARAM

Am in this forum for the last 12 years or so. Most of the time, young HR executives, who are clueless about their role or responsibilities, randomly post their queries, expecting response from the senior / learned HR professionals. Am clueless most of the time, why they require an answer or response. Many company owners recruit people without any in-depth knowledge in HR. youngsters these days are unable to draft even two sentences properly. They expect spoonfeeding from us. As the old saying goes, instead of giving a fish every day, let us teach them to fish. Everybody's time is valuable and we are not here to do spoonfeeding. Many managements want to get things done free of cost by asking the HR guy to seek solutions from us for free. After the first two years, I decided not to provide anything free. Either they post here what they know so that we can correct them or let them pay us for consultancy work. In this case, the company can hire a senior person who can do some research and provide solutions for a nominal fee. Anything p provided free is not treated with respect! Each one may have a different point of view and this is my stand. Best wishes
From India
aussiejohn

N.K. SUNDARAM

Thank you for your post. I totally agree with your comments, and we are of one mind. Over the last 17 years that I have been a member of CiteHR I have made the same comments repeatedly. No-one will ever learn while we spoon feed them. We need to teach them how to find the answers, not give them the answers. That learning should also include how to search CiteHR so that we do not continually reinvent the wheel. All the answers are here, from previous responses given to the same questions many times over.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.