No Tags Found!

mrinal_k

Hi!!
Well, lot of creativity shared already..but, I would also share something ..
Hope you find it useful.
You may have one day in a semester (probably during annual celebs) as OPEN HOUSE day, i.e. office open for the families of the employees to see the infrastructure, people where their person works. It may be followed by a small party, with MISMATCH DRESS. You may also give away prizes to Best Mismatch pair, Male and Female.
Also, Change of table also may be done for a day. ie. role change for a day, however, it may not be done for very higher posts and during very critical period of business.
Will share some more things as get it.
Regards,
Mrinal

From India, Pune
ravi gorowala

Hi,
Kavita, I was just browsing through your interaction and I think that you are letting a good idea down the line just because it costs some money.
Make a presentation to your management once you are fully convinced of the idea. Make it look as if your boss was the inspiration for the idea that came about.
Just go ahead and do the event and keep the prizes small. This is fun activity and as deepak has suggested if done well it has the potential of making the kind of impact you are looking at.
Most managements will be hesitant initially but would take up similar activity once they see it boosts morale.
Should you be looking at more activity or ideas do let me know
-Ravi Gorowala

deshamu
Hi Kavita,
I have conducted some of these events and its been huge success! Activities like antakshari, quiz, COLOR WEEK (here you decide for a color code for each day for one whole week), openhouse on topics related to technology or domain etc. Hope these helps :)
Thanks
Uma

From India, Bangalore
santosh.d1
Hi Kavitha,
You can also have activities like Denim day, glares day(sun glasses), formals day, hats/caps day, t-shirt day(with wordings on it only), etc
We did have few of them in my company, hope ur management also agrees with these ideas :D
Rgds
Santosh

From India, Bangalore
sweety11m

Hey Kavita,
You can visit the site businessballs.com for such non expensive games as people will enjoy and appreciate.
You can put on Shankh Bajao...
Add a tail to the donkey...
If poss try for a library.. Its always an asset
Keep on mailing motivation short stories on week ends...
Put on mental puzzles and provide letter of appreciations for those activities.
Plz. check if it works and I feel like u just keep on doing your work after a minm 3 attempts people will start evaluating your outputs and efforts.
Let me know the result if you apply this.
Regards
Rachna

From India, Mumbai
Neha S.Doshi
hi deepak!
i have gone through ur suggestion.it was really good
can u help me also?
i am working in field HR of a pharma company
and i want to organize some small small employee engagement activites. which are not only event based but on continuous base.
as our field staff is spreaded in all over India, its not possible to meet them everytime. however we have our Intranet facility for them. so which type of activities i can suggest, which are cost effective also and also employees will feel that company is doing something for them. we have bday greetings activity already.
some more ideas plz?

yeah108
Some things we recently did here in New Zealand for the org that i work for:

A 10 000 steps a day challenge (we geve teams a pedometer each).

We had a relay challenge fo 24 hours and rasied money for a cancer organsiation

We banned junk food from the building for a week and everyone was only only to eat and bring healthy foods to work - this was amazing as the energy from the teams were different, everyone was so much more productive and happy....

No lifts for a week - shut them off...everyone had to use the stairs....

this was to encourage people to get some exercise since most sit at their desks and don't take breaks....

We had a casual Friday - everyone pay $1 to dress down (no suites) and we raised about $9000 for a charity organisation.

Meeting Fre days - no meetings are to be scheduled on a Wednesday. This means managers are available to walk around teh building and touch base with their teams and other staff.

Email free day - no one is allowed to email - all communications are via face to face or the phone - it forces good communication and relationship building...

Hope these help...

Anusha

mailhr

Hi kavita!
Activity is usually organised to keep people active, motivated and together.
@ You can organise visit to employee's home along with 1 or 2 of your collegues or other employee which not only create family atmosphere but also can get brief view of employee family background and can lend a helping hand if needed to the employee too.
@ Conducting Company Quiz at Tea time which is more informative to one another.
@ On birthdays we present tree/plant to birthday employee and name the tree/plant on their name which creates ownership and environmental awareness
@ At times you can conduct children's competition only for employee childrens specially on childrens day
@ Annual gathering etc
Mailhr

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.